• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Flashback to that time Tom hit Travis over the head with a barbell

Did you watch the Nina's birthday episodes that Eric posted? The ones from 1980. Palmer and his Dobermans. If not, those are good ones to watch. There's also when Palmer takes Adam's entire fortune right out from under him, during the masked ball.

• Members

This!!!  They definitely were played out.

I always wanted to see Nina get more into Cortlandt business. I don’t understand her not being brought back even just for small stints. 

Let’s say she stayed long term in 95, who  would you pair her with? Maybe test her with Jack anything to get him away from Erica. imagine Nina and Tad having affair?Or even having her fall for her bestie(Brooke) Fiancé Edmund?!  I live for scandalous stories like that! Why not test her morals have her be the spoiler for once. 

Accurate. It was all those ingredients that made you root for them. Palmer was the selling point for me. @titan1978 and don’t fell alone I was never a fan of the piece of wood that is known as Peter Bergman.

Edited by cassistan

• Members

One reason for that was the story choices for C&N.

They came on in 79 and were married by the end of 80. So within a short amount of time they were already in the 'happily married' phase. 

Then by killing Sybil off, they were robbed of a long term antagonist.

Having Nina go into business and the affair with Steve was a good move, but ended with them being reunited and Nina returning to her passive state.

When Taylor left they decided to recast, which didn't work out - twice!

And Cliff needed a family from the get go - a parent(s) to provide more conflict. Bergman was originally going to be Jeff Martin, so that would have given him that family.

Then it became divorce/remarriage cycle. Throw in amnesia and breakdowns.

• Members

Um ok....

1) What was Charlie wearing?

2) Tom always scared the [!@#$%^&*] out of me when he got angry and his eyes got big, like he was possessed.

I think Nina coming back solo would not have worked. I think the viewers were so heavily invested in Cliff and Nina as a couple that to just have her return on her own with them having broken up off screen would be unsatisfying. The viewers would have been dissatisfied with her next story.  Had she come back with Cliff and broken up on screen and he left the canvas, then I think the audience would be more accepting. 

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

Susan Pratt is a good actress but she seemed to have a long history of playing annoying characters who had very vocal hatred from the audience. I remember when she briefly returned to AMC in 1997 to make sure Erica knew she couldn't contact Bianca (post-babynapping) and Soap Opera Weekly got angry letters from fans saying she had killed Laura. 

• Members

Truly one of AMC’s most iconic and daytime’s most underrated scenes. “Because it SEEMS to be the ONLY WAY to get the TROOF OTTA YOU!!!”

Cliff and Nina - I can take or leave them. But give me the complete Tom/Erica journey, and my heart is yours. I would be so satisfied with a streaming service starting with the first hour episode from 4/25/77 and just going in order.

• Members

I have a lot of time for ol' Tom but there's some classic camp in his oeuvre. @Darn and I cracked up at a '92(?) episode where Tom has to tell Derek or someone about Terrence getting beaten up and immediately starts vamping - "it was race hate! White hate!!" Great social issue, of course, but a bit arch!

Edited by Vee

• Members

This sounds awesome to me, I have never thought about them together before, but might’ve worked just off from their families history. These are the type of stories I watch for, miss me with the lovey dovey Disney fairytales.

@Jonathan Okay, I have no problem with recasting Cliff for a short arc so Nina can get her life in Pine Valley without Cliff. 

I wish someone would post the Kitty/Kelly storyline. Also, I wanna see Jesse Brother causing trouble for the hubbards.

Edited by cassistan