AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Opal Came back Fall 1989, Lyman was still filming the final season of Mama's Family where Naomi was Pregnant . I dunno how she could have done both. unless she was miffed AMC didnt wait to bring Opal home til Lyman was done filming Mama's Family....

• Members

From the Lyman wiki (which may or may not be a trustworthy source) In an appearance on Vicki Lawrence's talk show Vicki!, Lyman noted that she continued to perform on All My Children concurrently with the beginning of Mama's Family's production, flying back and forth each week between New York City and Los Angeles. While the commute was brutal, she remembered it fondly, referring to that stage of her career as "All My Paychecks"

• Members

Was Lyman interested in returning to AMC at that point?

I would imagine with Mama's Family ending she would have been hoping to parlay that into some more primetime work rather than heading back to NY  and AMC.

She did agree to Generations but it was in LA, short term and came with some contract perks I recall eg the chance to direct, which she wanted to pursue.

• Members

It didn't make much sense, so I am not surprised. I do know HamiltonBernique has the climax of the Lars Bogard story up. It was during that yacht party where they were celebrating Jenny and Tony's engagement and he fell overboard.

Edit: Found it, Lars goes overboard after a fight with Palmer, falls in the water with an American flag toward the end of the video

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

That was just as silly as the critics at the time complained about.  Palmer's motivation in that plot makes no sense.  I think Daisy was using Lars as a romantic rival, but it hardly warranted Palmer going to South America with Erica to investigate on his own (given that Palmer had never previously been a man of adventure).

Why would he host an engagement party for Jenny and Tony?  Why wasn't Nina invited?  What's up with the stunt doubles who were two feet taller than the actors?  What was Lars's plan if he won the fight, there are a dozen other people on board (mostly younger and more virile that Palmer), would he take everyone hostage and try to navigate that small yacht all the way back to South America?  And who directed Jack Betts to use that bizarre facial expression when he fell off the boat? 

Given all that, it is hard to believe that anyone allowed AMC to revisit the subject of Nazi art years later, only this time Palmer was dealing in contraband.  If Courtland Electronics needed some extra cash they should have sold the yacht.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Can anyone illuminate for me a bit the circumstances surrounding Agnes' (according to Wikipedia) return to the HW slot in late '89? What did that entail? I always assumed she'd done the Cindy/AIDS and Laura hit and run stories, but I guess that's not the case. I didn't realize she'd been (officially, anyway) gone as long as she had, and where her hand guided things or didn't. My kingdom for @EricMontreal22's return...