AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

@j swiftyou are correct, she omitted an I after Chuck’s father’s name.

Now that I think of it, Phoebe and Capitol’s Myrna Clegg were similar characters. Both sharp-tongued meddling mothers often up to no good who married men who were already fathers before they had even more children of their own. It makes me curious about old stereotypes of “the second wife”/wicked stepmother trope.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To be fair, Sophia Capwell was in the same potion, and even though she shot her son and blew up an oil rig, she was not a wicked stepmother.

I think it is remarkable that despite being Chuck's ex-step-grandmother, Phoebe was still so loyal to him and his love life. 

• Members

Lots of early Erica and Dimitri...and Adam/Erica.

Also the aftermath of Janet Greens year long reign of terror.

Lastly the start of Gloria and Stuart.  I'd forgotten that Gloria was a nurse to Dimitri's than wife Angelique.  He was giving her a chance during a low time in her life.  Which helps explain her brief marriage and devotion to him in late 1997/early 1998.

• Members

Years ago, someone here at SON posted that CVE and Susan didn’t get on, but I can’t verify that. I must have been in elementary school, but I recall what may have been their first scene together. It was at the health club and Erica was on an exercise bike when Charlie approached her.

The three Charlies that I remember had such different vibes it’s easy for me to dismiss their connection. For instance, the fact that Charlie was so deeply involved with Erica’s niece Julie didn’t really occur to me. And Christopher Lawford felt like a totally different character

• Members

Ok watching Charles Van Eman he had a good look and Lawford being cast in 92 makes it seem like they aged Charlie because Lawford comes off older. I could se Eman and Kelly Ripa together but never bought Ripa and Lawford. 

This Erica/Charlie romance is weird especially given her scene with Josh Hamilton's Charlie when Kate died in 1985

Edited by John

• Members

I usually don’t like his AMC reunions but I’m looking forward to this one. Jennifer is a great storyteller and loves to spill tea. And I’m sure Francesca has some great stories to tell of her own. The Kitty/Kelly saga was a big hit with the fans it’s a story I’m not that familiar with so I’m eager to here more about that and her backstage experience.

• Members

I hope it's a good reunion, too, although the Murphy Brown in me would love to ask Francesca James about the allegations that she manipulated Julie Harris in her final years so she could be in her will and drove a wedge between her and her son.