Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Pine Charles said:

 

YES!!
But.... 

I went back to try to link the post, and it’s since been deleted.

It was posted on Reddit, andI’ve come to think it was probably just a rumor.
Sorry.

It COULD come to fruition, though; at least a reference.

People still talk about “the well.”

 

Ahhh ok, bummer - but I'm still hopeful!  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find most interesting about the Natalie in the well storyline. Is that it brought in a whole new group of fans while also turning a small group of fans away. I known a few people who felt a story like that didn’t belong in pine valley and found it ridiculous for some many sets of twins to running around all at once a few years later. 
 

On 12/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, Khan said:

 

Agree.  At its' peak, AMC was a show that had a "little something" for just about everyone.  Sometimes, the mix was a tad unwieldy; but when it worked, it was a breathtaking show to watch.

yes, that was my show. Ginger Smith kinda brought some of that magic back in the 2013 Hulu reboot that I adored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, cassistan said:

What I find most interesting about the Natalie in the well storyline. Is that it brought in a whole new group of fans while also turning a small group of fans away. I known a few people who felt a story like that didn’t belong in pine valley and found it ridiculous for some many sets of twins to running around all at once a few years later. 
 

yes, that was my show. Ginger Smith kinda brought some of that magic back in the 2013 Hulu reboot that I adored.

 

I don't know...AMC had out there stories before the well story. 

 

Unlike the Goldie story...this particular story had long term effects (conception of Amanda, Dimitri/Erica, Edmund/Maria/Brooke)..etc.

 

I do wonder how the 2013 reboot would have gone had it continued?  It had the elements and was coming together when it was canceled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandy Gabriel (Edna Thornton) and her real life husband John Gabriel (Seneca Beaulac - Ryan's Hope) did a interview on The Locher Room Today. Sandy's on-screen daughter Tasia Valenza (Dottie Thornton) surprises her at 24:30. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, Soaplovers said:

 

I don't know...AMC had out there stories before the well story. 

 

Unlike the Goldie story...this particular story had long term effects (conception of Amanda, Dimitri/Erica, Edmund/Maria/Brooke)..etc.

 

I do wonder how the 2013 reboot would have gone had it continued?  It had the elements and was coming together when it was canceled.

This is all true. I don’t know if it was something about the story that was  a turn off or was it the vibe had already changed. I personally didn’t like having Janet/Natalie, Stuart/Adam, and Ted/Tad on canvas all at the same time.  
 

I personally enjoyed that Goldie storyline at least the first half and Erica being trapped in the mansion.
 

ohh, I had so much hope for the continuation of Ginger Smith’s AMC. She got the show and proved the perfect Ep going forward.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Sandy Gabriel (Edna Thornton) and her real life husband John Gabriel (Seneca Beaulac - Ryan's Hope) did a interview on The Locher Room Today. Sandy's on-screen daughter Tasia Valenza (Dottie Thornton) surprises her at 24:30. 

 

 

 


Sandy and Tasia both look FABULOUS!! ❤️❤️

Edited by Pine Charles
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to continue watching AMC 1991. But it seems like most of it has been erased from YouTube. Seems like a lot of those playlists have been erased. Maybe I'm not searching right? Can anyone else see? I was in June 1991.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When did the show first establish Pine Valley was in Pennsylvania? Because I was watching an episode from 83 where Tad is trying to set Jenny up with a friend of his after her breakup with Greg and Tad says his friend just moved there from Pennsylvania.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched classic soaps in a while and wow the community feel to that Michael Delaney storyline is sorely missed. Relationships, point of views, family drama, holidays feeling like holidays. This is unheard of now and I'm sure never to be seen again between the laziness and covid. 

 

You would think with the severe budget cuts we would have too much community drama and natural conversations and less BS. Instead we get Sonny and Carly playing soccer mom and dad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darn said:

When did the show first establish Pine Valley was in Pennsylvania? Because I was watching an episode from 83 where Tad is trying to set Jenny up with a friend of his after her breakup with Greg and Tad says his friend just moved there from Pennsylvania.

 

Interesting.  Originally, Agnes meant for Pine Valley, USA to be representative of every town in America, even though in her bible she did model it after the mainline of the Philadelphia Main Line.  My first recollection of the show verbally mentioning Pine Valley as a town in Pennsylvania was in the early 90s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting question, though, because characters had been shuttling between Llanview and Pine Valley from OLTL to AMC or back again as early as the 70s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For years and years, the only thing AMC would say on-air about PV's exact location was that it was an hour's train-ride from NYC, with the nearest cities being Center City (where Foxy's was located, assumed to be Philly) and Sea City (a stand-in for Atlantic City?).

Edited by Khan
Link to post
Share on other sites

After thinking about Liza and Marian over in the Awkward Returns thread, it occurred to me that in the time I watched soaps, AMC had the most storylines with mothers being heinous or doing something awful to their kids.  

 

Marian (although I was not watching during the affair with Tad storyline, they referenced it plenty while I was watching).

Arlene

Vanesssa

 Mary Smythe

Charlotte Devane

 

Those are just off the top of my head!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pine Charles said:

Yes, the “well” story did create plot for YEARS....

 

 

 

Thanks for sharing this - what a fun ride down memory lane!   I totally forgot about Janet hiring a Will lookalike to terrorize Dixie.  What a fun era that was for AMC.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member



×
×
  • Create New...