AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The LIVE reunion was all about Kelly...celebrating her 30 years w. ABC / Disney, so it was just Kelly's closest co-stars.  I never got the impression Julia Barr was that close to Kelly so no surprise that she wasn't invited.  It all was ridiculously short.  Each actor was able to share their first impression / meeting w/ Kelly and that was it.

Julia Barr was on an audio-only reunion to remember John Callahan shortly after his death.   She sounded great...but YES I'd love to hear more from her years on AMC.  You know she has lots of great stories !  

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

The Hallmark reunion was filmed in LA, so it was mostly AMC cast now living on the West Coast.  Julia Barr lives in NJ.  I think La Lucci was the only one who came in from the East Coast...most of the rest live on the West Coast (except Taylor Miller -- think she's Chicago-area).    

But in agreement -- we need to see and hear more from Julia Barr.  She was integral to AMC success for many decades. 

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

Unfortunately for Julia Barr, All My Children has produced a lot of stars and she gets lost in the shuffle and isn't top of mind when reunions are organized.  Not to say she isn't important to the show's history, because she absolutely is.  She is just competing with other castmembers:

- La Lucci is synonymous with AMC and soaps, so she'll always be part of any reunion

- Kelly Ripa is an alum who is highly visible because of her talk show (and is probably the wealthiest) so she'll be included in any reunions, as long as she's willing and available

- Mark Consuelos is attached to his wife's hip, so he fills another seat

- Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams played the most iconic Black supercouple so they will get asked to participate in most reunions

- Then there are other vets like Taylor Miller, Peter Bergman, Kim Delaney, and Laurence Lau who will get asked because of nostalgia

- Finally, to round out any reunion, next-gen stars like Cameron Mathison, Josh Duhamel, Eden Riegel, etc. will get asked

AMC had so many great characters played by some very charismatic performers, so it's hard to choose whom to include in these reunions.

Edited by Jonathan