AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a lot more appreciation for the chemistry between Mattson and Kiberd now than I did back then as a kid. I loved Trevor, and I always enjoyed watching Crazy Janet, but she always scared the hell out of me back then. I thought it was unfair how they treated their fans when Janet was brought back with Kate Collins (per Frons edict) and Trevor was unceremoniously murdered. But I was never a fan of Trevor and Janet. Like Jonathan, I could never buy that he would be with her after the Jane Cox years. Yet you look back at a lot of the writing and work done back then today, and a lot of it was very good, so I get it more. Maybe looking at all of it today I'd feel differently. I do think it was unnecessary how they ended, and it was clear Agnes, Broderick, etc. agreed because they worked very hard to try to quasi-redeem Janet near the end of the show's ABC run. (Collins did an excellent job with a very broad version of the character, BTW.)

Edited by Vee

• Members

Laurel was pointless, but the culmination of her death, and Janet revealing Jason as a homophobe wanting to kill Michael Delaney on the witness stand was well done.

You know, its funny. You go back and watch episodes in the late 80's and Jack actually seemed to have a personality back then, after Travis left so went his personality. Nick Davis and Mike Roy were my favorites for Erica, but Dimitri was okay, aside from when he helped Kendall track down Richard Fields, and he went downhill after that whole Maria affair disaster. They almost turned him into a villain in 1997. 

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

Agreed. Maybe not so much metal rod up his ass Travis, but definitely Dimitri. My mom always said she liked Jack with Brooke rather than Erica, and Dimitri was "time enough" for Erica, a better match. As the years progressed, Jack and Erica felt more and more like a default pairing to me. Had Nader stayed on the show, I think Erica and Dimitri would have had the long-lasting on again/off again that Erica and Jack got, but who knows.

• Members

Hey, I recorded/posted that

Please register in order to view this content

I need to get around to putting up this even cheesier soap theme album from the 80s that I bought not long after I picked up that 70s one.

I think church hymn might've been what they were going for, given Agnes's conception of the show's title.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I just finished listening to the full New Christy Minstrels Soap Theme playlist on Youtube and it was a hoot. 

Titles like One Life to Live or The Young and Restless are easy to makeup lyrics for their instrumental themes, but The Doctors was clearly a stretch ( ♫ we are all doctors ♪)

Edited by j swift