AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for the Peter White article! I’m watching a Carol Burnett marathon, and I forget how many AMC surprises you’d find throughout the opening segments of her show. She just discussed storylines with the audience and then pointed out that Peter White and Francesca James were guests in the audience that night.

• Members

Canary originally played Adam as simply a deconstructed antithesis of his version of Steve Frame on Another World. I agree that maybe the original plans was to kill off or arrest Adam after something evil happened,but they were able to flesh out the chatacter more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Speaking of Chadwick, this speech he did about his time on All My Children was so disappointing. I always say, what we know of racism in soaps is bad, but what we don’t know was really concerns me. The more we hear of these stories, the more widespread it’s revealed to be. 

The one positive is that like he said, he was able to open their eyes to at least retool they role when he was replaced. 

• Members

It is disappointing, considering the fact that this is All My Children, a soap opera that Agnes Nixon created that brought us one of the most popular Black couples in all of TV (Angie and Jesse).  Who was the executive that Chadwick was referring to?  Chadwick referred to him as "he."  Who would that have been?

• Members

I guess we won’t know, of course, unless someone spills the tea. Certainly could have been another producer, but I’m not that familiar about who was crew on AMC in that era. (Just saw Casey Childs was also a producer then, as was Ginger Smith.) Probably would end up being some pencil-pusher whose name we’ll never know.

Edited by Faulkner