Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Manny said:

I always thought that for all four soaps (GL, ATWT, AMC and OLTL) before cancelling them, they should have at least tried going down to 30 min. It would slash the budget and maybe make it a tighter show more appealing to viewers with less filler. Shame that either CBS nor ABC even attempted this before just pulling the plug.

My thoughts exactly! Five-day-a-week scripted series should have never gone to 60 minutes in the first place.

 

So long as we get good writing, and decent production values, I'd be all for half hour reboots. IMO, General Hospital should also be slashed to 30 minutes given the subpar content they've been dishing out lately.

 

AMC , OLTL, GH and Oprah was the ultimate line up on my local ABC station!!! Those were the days. 

Edited by ironlion
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney Martin) is doing a interview via podcast with Ingrid Rogers (OG Taylor Roxbury-Cannon) about her career THIS Friday. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forever8 said:

Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney Martin) is doing a interview via podcast with Ingrid Rogers (OG Taylor Roxbury-Cannon) about her career THIS Friday. 

 

 

 

 

 

I was just thinking about Ingrid Rogers the other day and went down a rabbit hole of videos and articles about her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

On 7/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, All My Shadows said:

Thanks for the tag, Carl, I love it!! Dick’s smarmy style matches up against Erica’s opportunistic vitality - I bet that was a fun arc.
 

It’s a damn shame that we don’t have even a tiny fragment of a scene at the disco anywhere. Though it was only on for a relatively short time, the experience drove so much of who she would be going forward.

 

I have the All About Erica VHS and there's a clip of Erica (complete with disco whistle) and company (including Mona and Dr. Tyler) gettin' down on the disco 'round. I just hate that it's copyright cleared music, I would love to know which song they were really grooving to.

 

And thank you Carl!

Edited by SFK
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SFK said:

 

 

I have the All About Erica VHS and there's a clip of Erica (complete with disco whistle) and company (including Mona and Dr. Tyler) gettin' down on the disco 'round. I just hate that it's copyright cleared music, I would love to know which song they were really grooving to.

 

And thank you Carl!

Ooooh, and it's on YouTube. Let me go get cozy and spend the evening reminiscing with my girl!

There's a clip from her interview with Dick! "I mean, there's nothing wrong with our little community, you understand. The people there, they are really the salt of the Earth, you know? They're really hard-working and well-meaning. It's just that...well, they're middle class."

Edited by All My Shadows
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

Ooooh, and it's on YouTube. Let me go get cozy and spend the evening reminiscing with my girl!

There's a clip from her interview with Dick! "I mean, there's nothing wrong with our little community, you understand. The people there, they are really the salt of the Earth, you know? They're really hard-working and well-meaning. It's just that...well, they're middle class."

God I love Erica 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

God I love Erica 😂

This thing has so many clips from the first decade that I've never seen before! I had no idea what I was sleeping on. It's so nice to see more of the Erica/Nick relationship - I'd only ever seen Mona walking in on them and then Nick giving her his final kiss-off. What a volatile match they were, especially since their mutual dislike of one another had to have been simmering for years by the time they actually got together.

I say it all the time, but look, I'm just gonna say it again. I WANT MORE OF THIS SHT.

Lord, they even have some Erica vs. Sara Kingsley in this. I'm outdone.

Edited by All My Shadows
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to add that I was Christmas gifted All About Erica and the 25th anniversary book by two lovely girls who had major high school crushes on me. 😆 

 

That soap special that aired a couple months ago borrowed quite a bit from that YouTube upload of AAE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I am very impressed by this YouTube channel which has a ton of Erica clips across various storylines.  I had no idea Jenny asked Erica to be one of her bridesmaids!  😂

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/c/HamiltonBernique/videos

HamiltonBernique is one of the old guard AMC/OLTL channels! I'm very thankful it's been up for as long as it has been, because watching all of those 1983-1985 episodes/clips of the show really solidified my love for it.

 

Meanwhile, I took a break from 1989 for a while to watch other things and finally came back to it, and the show is just so stale[ at this time. I'll share more thoughts as I keep going, but I'm finally seeing what the press at the time meant about the show being outdated and desperately in need of some sprucing up. It's strange, because most of the frontburner characters had been on for less than 5 years, but their stories were either a rehash of something that had already been done (Palmer's obsession with controlling Melanie) or something that just really did not fit the show (Marissa's super secret agent sht). That strong, strong sense of community from the early/mid 80s is also gone - you can tell they were trying to bring it back (all of a sudden, Natalie, Angie, and Donna are BFFs who exercise together!), but everything feels so aimless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, I can't with Erica and her jealousy of Brooke! 😂 And the fact that Erica and Brooke were nominated alongside the first female astronaut to walk the moon.  Oh lawd.  😂

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

OMG, I can't with Erica and her jealousy of Brooke! 😂 And the fact that Erica and Brooke were nominated alongside the first female astronaut to walk the moon.  Oh lawd.  😂

 

 

 

"I will not have her piggy little face on the cover of my magazine." 😆 Getting scenes like this must have been like vacation at work for Susan, an absolute ball.

 

While I have lots of early childhood Pine Valley memories, I don't recall how Erica and Palmer first bonded and got so close. Anyone?

 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

Ooooh, and it's on YouTube. Let me go get cozy and spend the evening reminiscing with my girl!

There's a clip from her interview with Dick! "I mean, there's nothing wrong with our little community, you understand. The people there, they are really the salt of the Earth, you know? They're really hard-working and well-meaning. It's just that...well, they're middle class."

 

OMG! I just realized that I may have led you astray. No harm no foul as you got to visit with Urrica irregardless. 😋 But I think the disco scene I'm remembering is actually a flashback from the week of 25th anniversary episodes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFK said:

OMG! I just realized that I may have led you astray. No harm no foul as you got to visit with Urrica irregardless. 😋 But I think the disco scene I'm remembering is actually a flashback from the week of 25th anniversary episodes.


Yes, I watched the entire thing and thought I missed it! That’s all right, I’m gonna go digging through those anniversary eps now and probably spend way more time than I should enjoying them :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFK said:

While I have lots of early childhood Pine Valley memories, I don't recall how Erica and Palmer first bonded and got so close. Anyone?

 

 

 

Good question.  I think I actually watched a video the other day with one of the earlier Erica/Palmer interactions, but I can't remember the specifics.  I'll have to find it again and share.  Going down another rabbit hole....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...