AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow, Kasi Lemmons lost the part of Angie to Debbi.

I'm skimming but there are some cringeworthy errors here - the host says she went back to AMC in '93 and pretty much stayed to the end. OTOH, Debbi herself says she left the first time to follow Charles S. Dutton to L.A. and do "Port Charles", which, no.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, there was some mix up by both Debbi and Gerrad.  I think Gerrad meant to ask about her first time leaving AMC for Generations.  And then her second time as Angie was actually on Loving/The City.  After that, she went over to Port Charles. 

• Members

Finally watched--too short but mostly sweet.  You were skimming, so it's forgiven, but I need to point out it wasn't Dutton she mentioned.  She was confused by the question but was obviously talking about when The City ended (maybe there was some talk about her character going to AMC which I hoped for?)  She said the producer of The City was producing Port Charles and had asked her to join her, and her husband at the time was going out West anyway to work on a tv series so it made sense to go.  Jean D Burke was the EP of The City and immediately went to AMC, of course, and JHC was a producer and then an EP at Port Charles and later replaced Burke at AMC--and I can't seem to find any cross over production crew between The City and PC, but...  That's my guess?  SHe did get married in 1997 to Donn Thompson and it seems like he did work behind the scenes in TV from what I can find.  Although Roc did start on TV  just over a year after Debbi left AMC the first time so I could be completely wrong. 

It is too bad it wasn't a bit better researched--Debbi herself seemed slightly confused (fair enough) about what show she was Angie when...  But I would have loved to have heard some mention/question about the character going to Loving/The City and how she was approached to do that (I still find it crazy that they didn't have Angie return to AMC for a few episodes first).  We have already heard about her issues with AMC and the promise of Generations for why she made the hop that time.