AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

he was more reserved than usual imo.

well he certainly didn’t lie about this LOL. Even though this is/was my favorite soap. You gotta admit it was a mess and uneven as early as Bianca baby switch. I never could understand how writer after writer just couldn’t get this show right!  I remember liking the place all the major stock characters were in around this time too! Liza especially, her character was begging to be moved into a new direction and thought the fusion storyline was the beginning of they she just leaves. 

Edited by cassistan

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Regarding Lorraine Broderick in 2010:

When AMC was wrapping up, SOD did an interview with Broderick. In the next issue, in the "Things We Know But Shouldn't Tell You" section, it said that Broderick had in fact wanted the HW position in 2010 but that the network (i.e. Frons) didn't want her. Given that SOD had just spoken with Broderick, I think it's safe to assume that the source of that tidbit was Broderick herself.

• Members

The story of soaps wanna talk about a show for and about women then it’s all my children imo. They should have been the  contemporary leaders of what was going on with women in the everyday world. Regarding their homes, the workplace, the medical world, etc

https://youtu.be/X9V8n0xtb90 

Whatever I did definitely would’ve played on everything she said in this clip @2:30-3:45. I would have enjoyed to see her let loose and head down spiral as the town’s drunk. I Would have married everybody around her and played on that hurt and jealous inside her , maybe even return her teenage bad girl ways. I also honestly would have kept her around Ryan, she need to be with someone younger for awhile. They aged her by pairing her with Adam. They didn’t need any new villains, Liza was their resident baddie who never really grew up imo. She could have hired a Dixie lookalike just to taunt tad (cough) “Di Henry” (cough). 

As for Fusion, I wanted that to be her new baby. I mean Mia and Greenlee left anyway. We could’ve gotten  Liza vs.Erica in business. We also can bring Brooke into the mix with her magazine maybe she’s giving Fusion too much good press and Erica hates it.  Ryan secretly working for her as she promises to make him the next Adam Chandler. I would have her go after Jackson because I can’t stand him with Erica.

she deserved a true romance finally after so many years. C’mon Marian found true love before her and she set front row to that marriage that’s gotta hurt! What do you give a women who had it all, everything besides the guy that dumped her.

So sad she probably would’ve saved that show and they didn’t want that.

I liked this one. Happy to see Missy and Josh. Rebecca really thinks people like greenlee and Ryan ?!

Edited by cassistan

• Members

I will say that Lorraine was the only one that sold me on why Ryan and Greenlee were a couple (we all know a mandate from Frons).  She wrote it that both of them lost the great loves of their lives hence they were drawn together because each knew what the other lost.  However, as we saw during those final weeks...if Leo and Gilliam returned..you know Ryan and Greenlee would have reunited with them in a heartbeat 

• Members

Rebecca and Cameron said the same thing. Which made me happy because I was a huge fan of Ryan and Gillian and Leo and Greenlee. But Ryan and Greenlee NEVER worked because they became entirely different people when together.