AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jacob was more thoughtful and emotional in the Locher interview.  The questions in this interview didn't really set Jacob up to express much.

Also, Billy Miller didn't contribute much to the conversation which is a reflection of his quick time on the show. Maybe if he and MCE were in an interview together he would have more to say.

Vincent Irizarry will be on Instagram Live with EW.com today at 12pm PT.

https://www.instagram.com/entertainmentweekly/

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

I haven't watched Episode 3 yet, but I do find it odd that Richie is included with this group.  I'm sure I've forgotten some storylines, but wasn't he more involved with his sister Annie and then Ryan/Jonathan?  I know Jonathan isn't on this reunion, but the other two are.  How did Richie connect with JR/Babe/Jamie/Krystal?

I guess they likely put MCE and Cameron with Rebecca and Josh (Greenlee/Josh)?  And then put Erica/Kendall/Bianca/Jack together?

Edit:  Ok wow, nevermind.  I just read the Richie's summary online and literally 90% of his storyline was with Babe/JR/Krystal 

Please register in order to view this content

After reading it, I remember everything now - the memories were flooding in.

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

Episode 3 is not my bag. Always thought Jacob was miscast and I hated Babe and her mother. Billy Miller was hot and that's about it. MCE somehow managed to make a career out of a badly written role, now she's been stinking up Y&R for nearly a decade in an even worse role.

• Members

YES to Julia Bar.

I actually liked Billy Miller on AMC--I know many fans don't agree (it was one of B&E's better stories actually--the reveal of his true motives was drawn out but in a good way--for a long time I just thought he was a regular bit player, playing a friendly bartender who had a few lines at The Comeback).  But it did seem a bit awkward to have him among actors who were on the show much much longer.  I was never a big Babe fan, but Alexa's love for the character and show was nice to see. 

The host made one of his first real faux pas I thought when he asked for memories of John Callahan.  His character was pretty much decimated by the time most of these actors came on, and, as they mentioned, they never had any real stories with him or even memorable scenes that I can think of.

I wished Bobbie had confirmed that they immediately took Krystal in a different direction because I remember the first couple of scenes we saw on her (on the phone to her daughter) it was implied that she was going to scam her daughter and only connecting now that she was rich--and they showed her sleeping around in a cheap motel, etc.  Then when she showed up in Pine Valley nearly all of that was out the window. 

Anyway, I welcomed the video, but yes, the least interesting so far (but I'm not too surprised...)  Interesting about them being aware of David Canary's deteriorating health when he returned for the final few ABC episodes.  I remember thinking his depiction of Stuart seemed off, but otherwise it was great to see him.  Then when he appeared (very briefly despite being on contract) on the online version, it quickly was aware how wrong things were.

From all I've heard, most of the actors really liked him.  I thought that eventually him and Kate both got along (certainly they've joked about how much they hated each other at first).  He seemed loved at, no pun, Loving...

• Members

Vincent Irizarry was on Entertainment Weekly's IG Live today and Gerrad Hall asked Vincent if he knew what Lorraine's original final episode was going to be.  Check out the interview if you want to know.... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I am watching the Vincent interview, and I never heard this before, but he mentioned that it was Frons idea to force out Lorraine in favor of a younger writing staff in 2010. He says they lost 34% viewership after that, which led to the decision of cancellation, and Vincent says he attributes that to Frons getting rid of Lorraine. He said "the exec" head of ABCD micromanaged the show, making one bad decision after the next for 9 years.

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

Agreed and the host asked for Vincent's memories of John today as well...with no mention of Marj Dusay.  He has asked about John in every episode. Clearly, he is confused as to John's role on AMC.  Yes, it was appropriate to discuss John w/ Eva and even Kelly, but it should have stopped there.  John did NOT play a legacy character and there are many actors far more important to AMC's legacy that should be remember before John C.  Certainly David Canary deserves the touching tributes, but Jill Larson should have been asked about James Mitchell, Vincent about Marj, etc.  I am hoping Susan is not asked about John C.  She should certainly remember David, but Larkin Malloy, Mark LaMura and Frances Heflin all worked much more extensively with Susan than John C.

• Members

Oh I wouldn't mind if Susan was asked about John--one of his first big storylines was kidnapping her (and then "kidnapping her") in the Destiny on the Danube arc.  They definitely worked together and he was pretty major to the 90s of the show.  But otherwise, I agree with you.

No secret about the micromanaging, but glad to hear him say that.  I'm more curious about the earlier comment--Lorraine came on as a favour to Agnes Nixon to try to fix AMC for its anniversary after Pratt's mess--we've basically been told that in interviews.  Also, from the start I thought Lorraine said she didn't want to take on the responsibilities of a HW anymore and it was just an interim job?  It is true that in 2011 it was announced she would be the new HW (and then, what, a week or two later the AMC cancellation announcement...)  I mean obviously Vincent should know far more about this than myself, but...