AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Former CBS?/P&G? PR flack Alan Locher's many soap star livestreams via zoom on YT (including today's first OLTL one with RSW/HBS, the DePaivas and Tuc Watkins) included an AMC-centric with Cady McClain, MEK and Cady's husband Jon Lindstrom. I believe he also did a long solo one for AMC with Susan (dressed to the nines in quarantine, ofc) and has done/will be doing another. The next OLTL one next week will have the notoriously press-shy Fiona Hutchison, Andrea Evans, Tonja Walker and Ilene Kristen. There's also been several for GL/ATWT.

Edited by Vee

• Members

1987 was considered a strong year for AMC, Eric - due largely to the drama at Cortlandt Manor (the Natalie/Ross affair, and subsequent rape).

AMC hit #1 in the ratings for a week in late ‘87, I think as a result of the rape trial (NOT the Goldie Kane storyline with Erica & Silver).

Soap Opera Digest named AMC the “Most Improved Show” for 1987.

It seemed the momentum was short-lived, however, and 1988 was a bit rocky (until the epic Dixie/Adam/Brooke stuff in ‘89 gave the show another jolt).

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I didn't even like half the characters these actors played but this makes me so happy. It says something about AMC's hold on the zeitgeist that it's the first of these to get mainstream backing.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I'm legit worried about Debbi Morgan, who I last saw sobbing and inconsolable about COVID-19 on Instagram. I hope she turns up if not for this event, then soon.

Very classy of Josh Duhamel. I hope Kim Delaney is in a good place to turn up sometime - she was close to Agnes to the end.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Aiden still looks like this. Damn he hasn't aged. He is 43 but still looks 23. 

After Jacob flirted and really laid it thick on Aiden he spilled some tea. Hell all of the guys seemed like they were flirting with Aiden. 

Why did Aiden Turner son look like Jacob Young?..lol

Genie and Tony weren't happy that Lucky was being recast. Tony grew to love JY in the role but Genie had a drawn out fight with Geary over it with Jacob prezent. She stormed off the set after Jacob flubbed his line. 

Justin Bruening wasn't happy that Jacob took his role of JR from him. Justin had been recast as JR but the producers gave Jacob the option of which character he wanted to play.

Daniel Pillon insulted Walt Willey during his time on Ryan's Hope. He pretty much told him he was a terrible recast. 

Aiden Turner couldn't remember James Baffico last name. He commented on how much he helped him as a director.

All the guys trashed the person who got AMC and OLTL canceled and Jacob mentioned AMC might return in digital form. 

Walt commented that it the people had waited a little longer to cancel thermals that they'd still online with GL and ATWT included.

There was so much more. The chat lasted 2 hours.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

That’s some good tea from Jacob. Did Aiden mention his exit from AMC because didn’t he hate his exit story of Aiden going crazy and kidnapping Kendall? Also random, but I never got why the show spelled Aiden differently. They spelled it Aidan when the actor’s name was spelled Aiden. Why not just keep it the same. 

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Members

Yeah Jacob spilled a lot of tea. He also talked about B&B and the transgender storyline.

Aiden didn't mention his exist storyline. He talked about his favorite storyline and the one that was the hardest for him to do. He still lives in the states. I believe in Georgia. Besides being hot...Aiden came off very sweet and shy(quiet). 

Vince mentioned his GL days and working with Beverly McKinsey and Marji Dusay.

Alan told him he wanted him for another chat to talk more about his GL time.

Vince mentioned his HW Megan Mctavish was at GL playing Lola when he was there.

Edited by Soapsuds