AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I remember an interview with Rebecca Budig when they brought back Bobby Warner in the 2000's as a sort of love interest for Greenlee and her talking about what a trip it was because she grew up watching AMC and Cliff and Nina were her favorite couple.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They mired Greenlee in stories where her most interesting characterization was impossible to use. She just became a victim, the same sh!t happened to Kendall. These bad girls were constantly crying and suffering and talking about babies. It was so lame.

I really liked the actors they chose for the recasts of Bobby (Christian Campbell, who was and is hot af) and Anita (Natalia Cigliuti, who I remember from one of the latter lesser version of Saved by the Bell), for some reason the show didn't utilize them well at all.

• Members

We're gonna have to disagree on Pratt.  Like I said, his early months brought a renewed energy (and comedy) to AMC and were welcome--and then the bottom fell out.  That said, *some* of my take is due to behind the scenes stuff (telling Susan Lucci that character back story was of zero interest to him, Agnes Nixon revealing--despite the fact that she rarely said anything negative about anyone--that the only time she was locked out and not welcome in the writers' room was under Pratt, etc).  But his style was just a bad fit for daytime (the plot-oriented Melrose Place style) and AMC specifically.  And his final months were a complete mess.

Is 1987 considered a golden year or do you mean you consider it to be one?  I know reading reviews in SOD from that time, etc, the Lazarre/Goldie story was over and over picked as a worst of the year (that said I like a lot of what I saw from 1987).  I believe 87 also had one of AMC's rarer attempts at a full out adventure storylines with Nina and Cliff and the jungles (was that 87?)

Yeah, I chalk that up to one of several instances under McTavish's final era where they brought back characters with good potential, and then squandered them.  Of course it didn't help that initially Campbell's Bobby was tied into Erica the Showgirl's storyline!  But I think his exit, after Anita left him, was trying to get money from Edmund to reveal who Zach really was and then he just kinda... left. 

Yeah, it became one of those non-stories.  Kendall wanted Bobby to seduce Greenlee.  But I don't remember there actually being much follow through whatsoever. 

• Members

I guess I said around 87 because AMC seemed to be having problems after Babbin left as EP in 1986.  Julia Barr in one SOD piece comments about the quick turn around of other producers who she thinks never had time to implement their vision (including the brief return of Jorn Winther).  When Behr was hired in January 1989, there seemed a concentrated attempt to bring the show together.  It's strange that Behr hired DePriest as HW but after 8 months Agnes Nixon herself, replaced her.  I admit, I do love a lot of this era (and it was what hooked me on the show--I can specifically remember even though I was 11 or 12 noticing when Nixon's name was replaced by McTavish as HW in the credits), but I get your point. 

(DePriest often seemed to come in on soaps to help them when they were languishing but only stick around for a short while--I almost wonder if that was her preference and not due to being fired.  She did the same on The Doctors in the late 70s.  After AMC she quickly moved to OLTL which was beginning to have troubles, although she doesn't seem to have had much impact there, etc). 

• Members

Sure, we can agree to disagree about Pratt. For 1987, yes it’s one of my favorites and from my understanding of my own research it’s greatly remembered by fans along with ‘82 and ‘85. What years do you consider the show’s golden years! Yes, this was the year cliff and Nina in Hong Kong.

• Members

I'll have to get back to you

Please register in order to view this content

.  1983 often is mentioned as a strong year, though...

On the AW thread, Will posted a link to the Bill Bell script archives...  Which all seem to make sense except there is one for AMC that says beside it SERIES IDEA.  ???

http://pdf.oac.cdlib.org/pdf/ucla/pasc/wjbell.pdf

• Members

I think this "Series Idea" heading is merely to state that the original ALL MY CHILDREN bible is in the collection. However, I'm more than willing to imagine an ALL MY CHILDREN from 1970-75 under Bill Bell. The wonders he would have done with Erica/Chuck/Phillip/Tara. (I got chills just typing that!)

• Members

That was a waste. Christian Campbell is a good actor & Bobby did Nada for a year

Multiple actors have stated pratt came in & said I doont care what your characters have done before or if they never would do what they are doing now. He didnt care about AMC.  it was just money to him

• Members

Found this article on EW.com. Looks like a zoom reunion with a bunch of cast members similar to the ones Locher has been hosting on his youtube page. There will be a new episode posted each day, Tuesday, May 26 - Friday, May 29. Two episodes will be released on Friday (total of 5).

https://ew.com/tv/ew-reunites-all-my-children-cast/

From the article:

Here is the full list of cast members involved in the reunion: Jennifer Bassey, Tamara Braun, Justin Bruening, Rebecca Budig, Mark Consuelos, Josh Duhamel, Bobbie Eakes, Melissa Claire Egan, Ricky Paull Goldin, Alexa Havins, Michael E. Knight, Jill Larson, Eva LaRue, Susan Lucci, Cameron Mathison, Cady McClain, Billy Miller, Alicia Minshew, Sydney Penny, Kelly Ripa, Leven Rambin, Eden Riegel, Chrishell Stause, Walt Willey, Darnell Williams, and Jacob Young.

Edited by GLATWT88