AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was great! I think it's much better with fewer people. MEK, Cady and John all ended up tearing up recounting fan encounters and various soap memories. And MEK looks great! Better than he did at the end of AMC that's for sure.

I liked when MEK said his favorite material wasn't the on-the-run stuff but the domestic work with Tad and Dixie raising Junior and Jamie while trying to keep their love alive. 

• Members

They look like somebody got in a fight right before the camera clicked.

I still don't really know how they went from ethereal, solemn Richard Hatch to dem dese dose Nick Benedict.

Ray McDonnell looks very suave.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

A few recasting Questions

What happened with OG Derek Frye? Did William Quit. I liked Charles Parnell but Jerome Preston Bates seemed too old as Derek

What happend with OG Isabella Santos

Did Socorro Santiago quit after 11 years

There seemed to be a personality switch

SS was more motherly & Loving

Maryann Urbano was more cold & bitchy

Found that recast puzzling

Edited by John

• Members

I have to give Agnes Nixon and her writing team credit, though, for writing to Nick Benedict's strengths and making Phil, now a Vietnam vet, a police officer.  Speaking as someone who watched reruns of "The Streets of San Francisco," I KNOW I could never have bought Richard Hatch's Phil as a law enforcement figure.

• Members

I listen to this soap opera podcast called The Chat and on the line up beginning next week is Kathleen Noone (Ellen) and May 18th is Amelia Marshall (ex Belinda) 

From The Chat Twitter Post 

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THE INTERVIEWS WE HAVE COMING! May 4: Kathleen Noone May 11: Lenore Kasdorf May 18: Amelia Marshall #MayInterviews ONLY ON THE CHAT!

• Members

I didn't really take his comment in a negative manner. To me he meant it as her laying out her marks and letting him know the scenes would have a lot of back and forth and energy (which they generally did). It's nothing that other actors haven't said about her, even those who are very close to her. They just say it in a friendlier way.

• Members

I've never been a fan of Lindstrom in any role, but I think it was just a misuse of words, he seemed fairly complimentary of Hubbard. 

That's nice of Cady for complimenting Yvonne Perry, but really, I thought she made Rosanna her own and did the best work of her daytime career during her first stint at ATWT

I think the most honest part of that video chat was MEK basically saying he did the GH role to keep his health insurance, and how he wrote Frank a letter basically asking for a job. I hope he's well (not that he isn't or anything).