• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Fuckin' Zarf!  The lengths AMC would go to to pair Bianca with anyone but an actual female actress. Which is not to say transwomen are not women, but this was a long time ago and it was clear the intent was to pair Bianca with any cis male performer they could in any contorted way to keep her from being paired with another female.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You see, I was able to fool folks because I was such a good actress. Well, I mean, I am a good actress. I mean I do have an Emmy award., an Independent Spirit Award Award, a Chicago Film Critics Award, three NAACP Image Awards, and a host of award nominations that say so. And let me tell you, I had to pull out all the acting skills for this one...because for a very very long time I made my way through life wearing this mask...but I was living with so much insecurity, so much fear, and FEAR was huge. It felt like the first emotion I was born cognizant of. It enveloped the air I breathed. It spoke for me. It ruled me. and it had its way with me. ... it was the monkey on my back! Signed Debbi Morgan

• Members

Posted 1 hour ago

Dedication

I dedicate this book to my beautiful mother, who was still fighting the good fight after the completion of this memoir, Mom, you lost that fight, but the presence of your indomitable spirit, love, and humor, will live in my heart forever. I know the trials and tribulations you endured both as a child and as a woman. This is because my entrance into this world, and the experiences of your life, were so akin, to and intertwined with yours. It created a very strong dynamic between the two of us, which throughout the years, often caused our relationship to be strained and contentious.

It took a long time for me to understand and accept the woman you were, only because it took me that long to understand and accept the woman I became, holding on to my fears for almost a lifetime. But it's not a cliche that it's the difficult times that makes us stronger and give us a clearer perception.

My perception of you in both our lives became quite clear, Mom. You loved me every secoind with every morsel of your being, and never wanted me to make the same mistakes you had. I finally recognize how hard you had to work in order to persevere and maintain your sense of dignity and grace through all your adversity. I have the deepest respect, admiration, and love for you Mother. You are and will always remain my champion.

In Memory of Lora Morgan May 22, 2014

Members

1,128 posts

Posted 27 minutes ago

Preface

I can still remember that magical day sitting on the floor of director John Erman's living room. Only inches away from me was the legendary Henry Fonda, and across from him, perched daintily on the sofa, the great Olivia de Havilland. Filling out the rest of the room, draped across chairs and settled comfortably on the floor, were Georg Stanford Brown, Lynne Moody, Richard Thomas, Marc Singer, Fay Hauser, Greg Morris, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and little ole' me. I was about to embark on one of the greatest roles of my burgeoning  career, and one of the most historical events in television history: Roots: The Next Generations.