AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People always used to get on Cameron for being Mr. TV - everywhere at once hosting, gladhanding, etc. But whatever I felt about Ryan on AMC, I never got the sense that Cameron Mathison wasn't a decent guy very grateful for AMC and every opportunity it gave him. I wish him the best.

• Members

I hope that Cam ends up getting well. I understand that a lot of people didn't care for Ryan, though I did like that character. I agree with those that say Cam in real live has always seemed like such a nice guy. He has always been very appreciative of the soap genre and of soap fans. He was basically an ambassador for All My Children and the ABC soaps in general for years. (Often happily participating in events like the Super Soap Weekends/Fun in the Sun types to promote the shows).

Edited by xtr

• Members

Cameron has become one of the main faces of Hallmark in the last decade - he's probably more famous for that than he was for AMC - so I suppose this really is big news for many. 

I'm sorry to hear what he's going through and I can only give my best thoughts and wishes to him and to his family. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Watching this episode (I know the full version is also around...)

I wonder how fans at the time felt about the random blonde women suddenly populating Pine Valley - Angelique, Galen, soon a recast Natalie (Kate is still there for now), and one could also argue Gloria (although I always liked Gloria). Angelique should have been a bit more interesting than this, you'd think.

I'm glad that they were still using Enid Nelson in these years. 

Was Hayley supposed to still be in high school at this time or was she in college? The age difference between Hayley and Charlie is so glaring. 

At least they had Charlie away from modeling by this point...

• Members

Oh, I felt bad for the actress as opposed to the character; the performer was clearly intelligent if far from inspiring. The whole thing was a debacle. And what a hilarious diss - I still remember how she died and the same day her charred body was carted off, Dixie walked into the explosion site and back onto the show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Such a bizarre time for AMC.  Not only did we have Camille and Lee Hawkins -- the latter of whom gave Hayley a tattoo with a rusty needle, right? -- we also had Mateo's janky psychic visions.  I think the only good thing to come from that period was the beginning of Stuart and Marian's romance (which began, oddly enough, with Marian sleeping with who she thought was Adam).

Edited by Khan

• Members

The best $100 I ever spent. I have pics from the nosebleeds of teeny Miss Lucci onstage as we all roared and cried.

I remember admiring this cream Bentley parked outside the Garden, and about a week later, seeing a People magazine photo of Susan and Helmut being chauffeured in it.

*I just remembered how a few of us got to hang out with Jeanne Cooper for a while out on the sidewalk because the Bell soaps chartered a red double decker bus and they left for their after party and [!@#$%^&*] left Jeanne motherfucking Cooper behind.

Edited by SFK