AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just saw Lonnie Quinn, a.k.a. the first nicer Will Cooney/Cortlandt on the CBS Evening News, doing the weather. So weird. I know he switched careers ages ago, but it's still kind of a trip. Still very recognizable, albeit older. Naturally.

• Members

Currently making my way through fall 1987, and I am just about sick of The Julie Show. Is Lauren Holly typically considered good as Julie? Because I think she’s awful, and every single episode revolves around everyone protecting the delicate flower that is Julie. She’s sickening.

The only good coming out of it is the Palmer/Natalie/Ross/Ellen/Mark drama, which has been messy as hell! Kathleen Noone was running AMC at this time.

• Members

Soap opera history buffs who wish to read the complete histories of their favorite series may want to check out "Vetsoapfan's Treasure Trove," here in SON's Cancelled Soaps section.

So far, I have shared extensive articles on:

All My Children

Another World

As the World Turns

Days of Our Lives

The Edge of Night

General Hospital

The Guiding Light

How to Survive a Marriage

Love of Life

One Live to Live

Ryan's Hope

Search for Tomorrow

The Young and the Restless

• Members

How heartbreaking. I had not read into any details surrounding DC's illness at the time of his death, so all of this is new to me. As a high school teacher, I witness the types of injuries she mentions with my students every year, and of course, we think nothing of it. They'll recover, and life will go on, but that's not how it works.

Once upon a time, a good well-written soap could have excelled at telling this story with a long-running character who'd been an athlete in his teen years and now is suffering with brain difficulties in middle age.

• Members

Seven years! It is amazing he was able to work on AMC for as long as he was, up to and including 2011 and the reboot. We all knew something was wrong in his very final appearance in 2013 - I still remember the posts about it - but as far as I can recall, that's literally the only time any of us knew or suspected.

Tragic, but what a man.

• Members

Someone at the Washington Post is trying to get Susan Lucci a guesting gig on SNL as Marianne Williamson.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/08/02/who-should-play-democratic-presidential-candidates-saturday-night-live/

I don't see that happening (although her episode of SNL is absolutely fantastic), but it's nice her name is still out there.