Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

Just spied the late Mark LaMura on an old episode of Law & Order talking with fellow ex-soap actor (and main L&O cast member at the time) Elisabeth Rohm. Airing on Sundance.

Honey, if you show an effort of posting that 1977 episode I will post the full script.

Yes, that is Erica Kane's first scene (not sure why her name, or Mona's and Nick's, isn't on the cover).

Screenshot (128).png

Screenshot (127).png

On 5/30/2019 at 10:58 PM, vetsoapfan said:

I later discovered that as I was playing it, the tape was disintegrating, and I ended up with specs of "tape dust" all over the inside of my machine. When I ejected it, the tape continued to "shed" on my fingers. I'm not sure if it will live to see another playback. It was already really static-y. Unfortunately, back then I recorded some material on cheap and generic "store brand" tapes, when I should have stuck to using ONLY higher-quality, brand-name tapes which were wont to last a lot longer. I still have many TDK, Maxell and Sony tapes which have survived surprisingly well for decades. The el-cheapo ones, not so much. I did not mean to be an insensitive "soap tease," LOL!

On 5/31/2019 at 8:32 AM, All My Shadows said:

OMG, thanks, John! How in the world have I never come across it before? I have not seen it in at least 12 years or so, but scrolling through now, I must have watched it a million times back then because I have the narration memorized.

Well, there goes my bargaining chip.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, allmc2008 said:

Honey, if you show an effort of posting that 1977 episode I will post the full script.

Yes, that is Erica Kane's first scene (not sure why her name, or Mona's and Nick's, isn't on the cover).

Screenshot (128).png

Screenshot (127).png

Erica's name isn't on the script cover because she didn't appear in the first episode on January, 5. She made her debut in the eighth episode, which would have been Wednesday, the 14th.

So Tara was originally named Terry and Amy was originally Carol.

The name changes seem to be last minute.

I wonder why Agnes had a change of heart with those two names?

On 6/12/2019 at 2:09 AM, Paul Raven said:

So Tara was originally named Terry and Amy was originally Carol.

The name changes seem to be last minute.

I wonder why Agnes had a change of heart with those two names?

Could be wrong, but I assumed it was a network decision/suggestion. Not unlike the Parkhursts and the Corbys becoming the Carringtons and the Colbys.

21 minutes ago, danfling said:

Sylvia Miles, who played Jackie Diamond on All My Children, passed away earlier this week on the 12th.

Thats right. I also loved her as Roxy's Mom, Stella on OLTL from 2001-02

An episode I'd never seen until last night ... Tony Barclay's fatal fall and the introduction of Not Jenny.

Is it wrong to say the intense staring between Greg and Tony is kinda hot?

Edited by Franko

2 hours ago, Franko said:

An episode I'd never seen until last night ... Tony Barclay's fatal fall and the introduction of Not Jenny.

Is it wrong to say the intense staring between Greg and Tony is kinda hot?

Wow, I actually remember watching this when it originally aired.  Brings back a lot of memories.  Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, John said:

what was the pont of Not Jenny

I suspect the writers wanted a Greg/Sheila romance, but the timing was bad (to say the least).  Jenny had just died; and for fans of what was arguably AMC's most popular couple, it was too soon to entertain the thought of Greg finding love again with another woman.  Unfortunately, scuttling the storyline resulted in Laurence Lau having little to do for the rest of his time on the show.

Edited by Khan