Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

4 hours ago, soapfave06 said:

Was Anita Santos still on the show in 2006? I'm rewatching the Mardi Gras Ball explosion and saw a nurse talking with Julia that seemed to be Anita but she was more like an extra. If it was Anita did they never try anything with her? 

The last actress to play Anita was Natalia Cigliuti, from 2004-05.

4 hours ago, soapfave06 said:

And it is amazing how Reggie was treated like a background character at this point in the Montgomery family. 

Yet in real life, he wound up having the last laugh!!

I wonder why Ruth's Sister, Amy never returned after leaving the show in July 1970? I know Rosemary Prinz only agreed to six months BUT over 41 years there were no other actresses they could have cast? Amy had so much story potential that was never realized.

At the very least, it would have been nice to see Prinz make occasional visits (maybe during the holidays).

3 hours ago, John said:

I wonder why Ruth's Sister, Amy never returned after leaving the show in July 1970? I know Rosemary Prinz only agreed to six months BUT over 41 years there were no other actresses they could have cast? Amy had so much story potential that was never realized.

That's a good question!! I have no idea.

Concerning Amy (and this is speculation), the storylines were probably switched from Amy's character to the character of Sidney.  Then, Sidney was written off, or Deborah Solomon Steinberg left the show and acting (for a career in law).   The character of Ellen may have been created and given Amy's storylines.  I know that Ellen had a daughter and that Amy could either have no children or did not have any.  Devon could have been her step-daughter or her adopted daughter.

In Pine Valley, being told that a woman could not conceive meant very little, as both Donna and Brooke were told that they could have no children yet later did.  Was Dr. Clater the man responsible for the instances of wrong information?

On 4/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, soapfave06 said:

And it is amazing how Reggie was treated like a background character at this point in the Montgomery family. Lily was given plenty of camera time and story with Jonathan throughout the ball while Reggie and Danielle were barely given anything to do aside from a quick camera pan. 

Reggie & Dani were ruined for Josh.

For some reason, heaps and heaps of old soap photos got dumped on Getty Images (mostly all from NBC and ABC). Im going through downloading all of them now and I'll post them in the threads.

5cdf2ba85085d.png

5cdf2b6d55280.png

5cdf2aecb5ca7.png

5cdf2be1d4fb9.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.50.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.50.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.48.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.48.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.45.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.44.16 PM.png

Edited by AdelaideCate007

Are Ellen and Myrtle in the room with the blue wallpaper at The Boutique?  And is the picture of Brooke and her Aunt Phoebe is from The Goalpost?

4 minutes ago, j swift said:

Are Ellen and Myrtle in the room with the blue wallpaper at The Boutique?

Yep.

4 minutes ago, j swift said:

And is the picture of Brooke and her Aunt Phoebe is from The Goalpost?

No, they're at McKay's, I think.

I always love when a photo just seems to capture a person and I'm really feeling it with the one of Ellen and Mark (or, Katherine and Mark if you prefer).