AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't remember any suicide drama and I was a regular viewer around then... I know Julia came close to suicide after her attack--but that involved Noah I thought... Hrmm. (I always found it amusing that the actor who played Anton, later played Dracula on Buffy opposite SMG).

OK back to that clip of the 1971 episode--anyone know who Ann is talking with in the shop?

• Members

I'd like to know that too - I didn't recognize the woman.

So weird seeing Nicholas Pryor as Linc. I will always think of him as Victor on PC.

I believe SMG actually recommended Rudolf Martin for the Buffy role, based on their AMC experience.

Rudolf told a story once about when he first started on the show and met Susan Lucci, and how in their first scene together, they had to do another take because she called him Rudolf instead of Anton. He said he took that as a compliment...

• Members

I remember him being pretty awful when he first came to AMC--my sister still watched with me back then and we mocked him mercilessly, although for whatever reason I did grow to like him.

Does Ann mention her name at the start of the scene? There's a brief bit I can't quite understand.

I don't know the actor who played Linc back then, or that he continued to do soap work so recently, but he seems alright. One of the episodes on Agnes' website has the first Linc with Amy and you can see why he was recast... I guess there was a brief third Linc after Pryor, before the character moved to Seattle for a few years? I know AMC had a number of growing pains when it came to recasting in its first two years, so I'd be interested to hear the story.

• Members

That's what it sounds like to me too, which would mean a minor character I guess? I know even in the official books those first few years are never summarized with much detail, so it could have been a regular character who never had a storyline... I feel greedy but now a part of me can't help wishing that whole episode was available. (and LOVE Judith Barcroft and her characterization of Anne)

Edited by EricMontreal22