• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Phoebe, that's so mean. sad.png

Meanwhile, I wonder if eyebrows were raised in Pine Valley when Tara named "Chuck's" son Phillip, after her true love. Doesn't that seem kind of inappopriate and detrimental to their ruse?

Edited by SFK

• Members

*sigh* I came late to the party due to my 1985 birth, so by the time I was old enough to follow AMC's Phoebe's heyday had long passed, but her character defines what AMC was, at least the humour tied to the drama. She stands apart from the typical soap opera matriarch.

• Members

A facebook friend runs a blog, Deep Dish which is mainly devoted to his obsessions--which tend to be either gay or camp related (though he'd probably hate if I said that). Anyway he's started a countdown of the 150 Greatest Moments on AMC, according to him. There are some great clips--including one brief interview with Larry Keith I'd never seen before (it's from 1976 and seems to be from the same series when the CBC interviewed Agnes nixon which is online as well--I know 76 was when the CBC picked up the show, and it makes me woner if there are more interviews they did to promote it)--in the first 25, posted today. The link is here:

http://marcharshbarg...10ed8f04ac43703

WARNING the site is not really work safe. It has male nudity--nothing frontal or hardcore, but a lot of bums and suggestive stuff.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't put it up--and if I had, so what, it's fascinating stuff (at least to me) and is interesting to re-read. I looked through my books and found in All My Afternoons a nearly exaactly the same formatted Day in Another World piece, but haven't found an AMC one, so I'm not sure where I've seen it before.