AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From watching YouTube's from 1981 to 1989...id have to say the following..

love Angie/Jesse.

Greg/Jenny were kind of boring hence why Lisa then Amanda were used as onterlopera...cause on their own..the couple was boring.  The anticipation of them getting together outweighed the actual coupling.  The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.

Loved Dottie...loved her early friendship with Jesse...even loved her whimsical mother Edna.  I did think she and Tad were a true couple...thiugh I did like that she eventually worked for Erica and became buddies/roommates with Greg before briefly dating Andrew.  She left for greener pastures...nowadays she would have gone crazy and tried to kill Hilary or kidnap Tad...she loved Tad but realized he didn't love her in that way and broke free to find herself.

Hilary...is it weird I liked her better once she and Tad broke up...and she and Skye were rivals at work and over Mitch?  A shame she left just before Tad came back...wpuld have been interesting to see if tad/dixie would have happened if the actress playing Hilary hadn't left.

I liked how Eric was isolated from the canvas from 1981 to 1984 before her marriage to Adam Chandler reconnected her to the canvas till 1986 when her adventures with Jeremy/Natalie isolated her again till 1988/89.  In the 1990s, she was more integrated with the canvas.  On y and r...that type of isolation wad the norm..but AMC was more about the cimmunity..smaller town...more close knit..where pine valley was just as much of a character.

• Members

I never thought I'd enjoy the stuff with Erica on her own - not because it's Erica on her own but because I never really understood why they would isolate her the way they did, but after actually watching so much of it, it made so much sense and had a lot to do with her becoming the legendary character she became. She was sooooo much more than podunk ol' PV ever could handle. She was the big glamorous stahhh, and it made her coming home that much juicier because of the development she went through while away. She would've never become that character had she always stayed in town.

• Members

I've been watching 1993-4 AMC on You Tube and it really struck me how many black characters there were! They had stories! They were treated like actual people! What on earth happened on ABC Daytime to make it go so far backwards since then? Was there a minority purge at some point? I started watching AMC around 1996, I remember Derrick and Danielle later on, but Mimi, Terrence, Livia, the guy who thinks he's Danielle's father right now, they were all gone.

• Members

A number of actors left for various reasons (Tonya Pinkins for Broadway I think, Dondre Whitfield because he was unhappy with the way black characters were treated). ABC started phasing out black characters on most of their soaps around this time.