AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Uggg.  I have such a love/hate with her.  The new commercial she's in makes me cringe.  So, I'm in 'hate mode' with her.  I swear though that her popularity was completely manufactured, or at least 75% of it was, because she has the same appeal as Robin Strasser, Sharon Gabet, or Eileen Fulton.

• Members

Susan's popularity is thanks to the role of Erica which was written into the stratosphere.  While the ladies you list are all fabulous in their own rights, none of their signature roles were written with the epic scope of Erica.

• Members

I'd say beyond Erica it's also based on her work ethic and professionalism. Aside from the SMG stuff you rarely hear anything negative about Susan, any idea that she was some kind of out of control bitch and anything that follows many other soap "divas" of her era. 

• Members

I was thinking this morning (as I was listening to harpist Carol McClure):

On All My Children, what was Melanie Sawyer's storyline?    I know that she did not have much of a storyline because she was not on the show for very long.   I know that she was a first cousin of Pamela Kingsley.   She was a music student and a pupil of Mark Dalton.   Pamela seemed to have an attraction for Mark, which, I am sure if the storyline had proceeded, would have led to more problems between Pamela and Erica.  

Was Melanie to be a new love interest for Dr. Chuck Tyler?

Why had Chuck and his second third wife, Carrie Sanders Tyler, broken up?

Rick Pharr (or Farr) was a character who was a gardener.   Someone fell in love with him?   Was it Betsy Kinnecott?

Or, did Betsy fall in love with Wally McFadden?

Someone fell in love with Rick.   Who was it?

Did anyone else like Sam other than Opal?

• Members

Carrie had it with Chuck because she was jealous of Donna and knew about Chuck and Donna's son, known as Johnny Cortlandt.   Melanie and Chuck dated and went away on the ski trip that Donna and Palmer were on.

Rick Kincaed was Benny's best friend  (Stephen Parr). I'm not sure about Betsy, but he fell in love with Estelle.

Sam had a girlfriend named Tina Benson (actress unknown), he had a crush on Jenny, and was the object of the one and only Verla Grubbs

• Members

I love how the host told viewers that if they wanted a copy of the diet they could send a self-addressed stamped envelope.  I mean, why couldn't they just post it online? 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited to add:

I just purchase 2 cans of sardines.  

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

What does everyone think is the reason Erica endured as such an iconic character over other characters?

When watching the early 1970 episodes, no one probably would have figured she would have lasted over 41 years.  I do think had she been part of the online show...it wouldn't have folded so quickly..imho