• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I learned that actress/attorney Deborah Solomon (Sidney) passed away almost four years ago.  She and Rosemary Prinz (Amy) had worked on As the World Turns before they joined All My Children.

Here is her New York Times obituary.

DEBORAH SOLOMON REID

Obituary

The Guest Book is expired.

SOLOMON REID--Deborah (Steinberg). Died December 2, 2011 in Hanover, NH. BA Wellesley (1962), JD Boston University (1974). Stage/Television actress, lawyer, Television reporter/producer for PBS, Dartmouth science writer. Daughter of the late Dr. Martin & Cecily Steinberg. Survived by husband Gavin Reid, daughter Veena, brother Howard Steinberg, many nieces, cousins. Condolences to Gavin Reid, 6 Read Rd., Hanover, NH 03755. Contributions to ALS Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Med Ctr, Lebanon, NH 03756

Published in The New York Times on Dec. 14, 2011

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nytimes/obituary.aspx?n=deborah-solomon-reid&pid=155033301#sthash.kwe1h6TN.dpuf

• Members

I remember when Liza and Nina were rivals over Cliff.   However, I had forgotten that the storyline had begun while Marcy Walker was still playing Liza.   I only remember that Alice Haining (a great actress who was usually miscast on television) had the scenes.

I am not sure when Ms. Walker vacated the role of Liza for the first time.   I know that it was in 1984, but I mean that I don't the exact month.

The character of Greg Nelson had two older sisters.  One of them (along with their family) should have moved back to Pine Valley around this time to comfort the new widower Greg.  These new characters would have helped the show's storylines, in my opinion.  I loved Enid, and these additions would have given her a lot more chances to intrude in her children's lives.

• Members

Alice Haining would have been the PERFECT Hillary Wilson on All My Children.

Maybe it was the actress herself who choose the type of roles for which she auditioned or maybe it was the casting directors' faults. but she was usually miscast.   She was capable of playing the perfect ingénue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been familiar with the late Art Wallace for many years.    I knew that he had created the storylines for Dark Shadows and had written (and later co-written that show with Frances Swan) during the first year.  I also knew that he had served as a storyline consultant for All My Children in the 1980s.

I had NOT known, though, that All My Children writer Elizabeth Wallace was his wife.