Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

career. There will be great room for development. And I know she will be 'father' oriented. But I love playing an incomplete person!"

Playing and being are two entirely different colored horses for Robin Strasser. She is lovingly and completely married to an actor of great talent, Laurence Luckinbill. He is about to star on Broadway in a play called POOR MURDERER. And so there was reason - plenty of good reason - for Robin and Larry to give up their California life for New York once again.

"The move was Larry's choice. But we both missed New York terribly. We lived in Malibu in California with lots of coyotes and owls and vacant land. We left an idyllic country environment but believe me, we missed the tempo and texture of New York! As a matter of fact, when we first went to California the silence was so awesome it was spooky!"

Robin did work as an actress on the coast, but she was also involved in a writing project with some other talented women.

"Listen, writing is what you do when you're not working as an actress!"

But there was some other excitement and "creation" in Robin's life while she was in California. Robin became the mother of Benjamin Joseph - who is now the brother of Laurence Nicholas. Nicholas, as he is called, is seven.

"Benjamin is the baby I was promised when they promise you a quiet baby to mkake up for a crying firtst baby!" Robin said with a good-natured smile.

"As a matter of fact, I was pregnant on ANOTHER WORLD and they started screaming ' how can you do this to us?' But eventually, the whole thing with Rachel being pregnant on ANOTHER WORLD came about from my own pregnancy!"

Robin and Larry's two children took the upheaval of moving to New York well. Even their dog took it calmly. And Robin is overjoyed to be in New York where everything is just a block awyay.

"I can't help it - I do feel as though I'm back home."

And being back home means more than just being back in New York. It means being back on soaps - something she has always enjoyed.

"There were some misconceptions about the fact that I wasn't happy on soaps. That is really untrue. There were times I wasn't pleased with the directions that soaps were going towards, but all of that is really changed. Soaps are doing just the things that I always hoped they would do."

Robin Strasser knows that soaps as a medium are both "forceful and powerful." Remember, she was one of the great trendsetters herself when she was on ANOTHER WORLD. She gave her role tremendous dimension and force and people just cannot forget that.

Now, in the role of Dr. Christina Karras there are new dimensions she hopes to bring to the part.

"I want Dr. Karras to have vulnerability. I don't want to look as thought I've just walked out of the beauty salon. If I'm a busy career woman I think my apartment should not be spotless - or that I might have someone to help me with the cleaning." Robin Strasser knows the reality of people who have careers in their lives.

Robin Strasser knows also that there have been changes within her own life. She left one show, lived on the other side of the country, had children - lived! Now she is back and we can't be any luckier for having gotten her back.

If she has any hopes at all about her brand-new role on ALL MY CHILDREN, it is that she doesn't become so important as the Steve/Rachel/Alice triangle on ANOTHER WORLD. It was almost as if there was too much concentration on those three characters.

But it is obvious that whatever Robin Strasser's new role will develop into - she will handle it brilliantly. She is a woman who handles herself as a person beautifully. Robin has a life that is full and intelligent both off-screen and on.

There are workmen fixing up her new home in New York, and writers planning a new role for her at work. Life is full and good and exciting for her at the moment.

Robin makes you think so easily of a movie title of a few years back - she's a "touch of class." How lucky can we get that she's back with us on daytime television?

Edited by CarlD2

You treat us yet again Carl, thanks! Always strange reading ones like these, so full of optimism when you know how things worked out. But it all happens for a reason and one way or another, Christina led Robin to Dorian.

I know. It's too bad it didn't work out, but at least she went on to a bigger role. At least she didn't have to worry about Christina being a prominent character.

I always appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on the articles, even when they start to run together.

Was it a lack of chemistry between Robin and the actor playing Jeff,or just a miscast badly written role? Perhaps Robin was so identified as Rachel that viewers were disappointed to see her being'nice'.

Flash forward 20 years and I'm wincing when I read about Eva, John O'Hurley and John Callahan being "friends..." knowing, as we all do, how that one turned out.

Yeah I know!

I was more fascinated by Eva, who played a noble/long-suffering character, being styled in such a sexy fashion, while Sydney, who played a vixen at the time, was very demure (aside from the plunging neckline).

Maria as a stand alone character was probably one of the best ones to come out of the 1990's period, and Edmund and Maria were awesome together during that first run. That of course all changed when she returned in 2002.

Adding such a huge family though on top of Maria kind of dragged her down. It really got quite ridiculous. But Maria will always be one of my favourite characters. Eva also always showed up for her scenes (even when the writing was terrible).