AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There were rumors in the early 90s that AMC would move to 12:30, and sandwich Loving in the 1:30 time slot between AMC and OLTL. I remember Susan Keith (Shana, Loving; aka Mrs. James Kiberd) commenting on that in a SOD interview. This is when AMC as on fire and on Y&R's tail. I think in many markets, many weeks AMC was winning the overlapping half hour when they went head to head. She said that some focus group research showed that AMC would take the time slot over Y&R. Not sure if Y&R would ever have been knocked off #1, but it would've been interesting to see how a time slot shakeup would've affected AMC and what consequences it would've had for the rest of the ABC lineup. Would AMC's numbers risen or dropped? Would Loving have held on to AMC's lead? If not, how would have trickled down to OLTL's and GH's viewership.

• Members

If AMC had stayed strong creatively, then I think they would have handled the time slot change. LOVING, though, might have been a tough sell for many viewers, regardless of time slot. That, in turn, could have affected OLTL's ratings (although probably not GH's).

• Members

This was around 91/92. I think ABC was still trying to salvage Loving at this point, since it was when they were doing those AMC/Loving crossovers with the John Wesley Shipp/Carter Jones story. I don't think they'd quite given up on the show yet, not until the Loving murders story was greenlit a little later on and the decision was made to transition the show to The City. OLTL and GH's ratings weren't particularly vibrant during the early 90s, so I wonder how potentially losing the then higher-rated AMC as a lead-in would've impacted these shows numbers. This was when, in FMB's words, AMC was the crown jewel of ABC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone head this? I had no clue about it until my roommate's friend was playing it yesterday.

It was released in 2014 by an up-and-coming rapper named Speaker Knockerz. He died shortly after - cause unknown - at age 19.

Just a warning: the lyrics are explicit. :)

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I was reading an old synopsis the other day and apparently there was a man that gardened at the Tyler's that kidnapped Little Philip (Charlie) Brent. Does anyone know who the kidnapper was? I think it was in 75 or 76, maybe 77 I think Tom Cudahy was just starting at the same time...

Does anyone know anything about the character played by the woman known as Sylvia in Season 2 episode 19 of Intervention????

• Members

There's been a lot of fan debate over whether or not she played Betsy Kenicott under the name Carla Dragoni. Some full episodes with Betsy were put on Youtube several months back and some insisted they didn't look alike. To me they did, but I don't know.