AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think Ceara not taking off had anything to do with Genie Francis and her being associated with her GH character. She was fairly popular when she was on Days, but I think she quit when there was a writer change and her character got lost in the shuffle.

I think the problem with Ceara was that the writers didn't really know how to present the character. I faintly remember the first months of her character showing her to be a gold-digger.. trying to entice David while his father Jeremy decided to date her to save his son from her.. and even some Erica/Ceara sniping at one another. Once the incest story took over.. the character became this teary eyed character and never really recovered. The incest story made sense in a way.. since it helped explain why she was kind of bitchy and not wanting to get emotionally involved with someone.. but the show never really found a way to maintain the character's initial edge.

Same thing kind of happened with Gloria, when she was raped by Will. Though there were instances when she would revert to her previous con artist approach (case in point.. during her wedding renewal vows to Adam when she outed him for faking his kidnapping, or when she instantly knew Ryan lavery was trying to con her when he first came to town.).

• Members

Tom should have been a recurring character on One Life to Live when Skye moved to Llanview. He would have served as a confidante to her.

I had always thought that Tom was probably a player for the Cougers, the football team on which Alec Lownes played and that Asa Buchanan owned.

• Members

Thanks, Carl...I didn't know Holt McCallany (CSI Miami and others) appeared on AMC. I've been wondering who Virginia McKinsie played as well. I read her name a long while ao as having appeared on AMC...mystery solved! Arthur E. Jones was on uite a few shows, several times on GL and AW.

• Members

Glad it helped you. I hope we get to see the full episodes someday.

I love beauty shots on soaps - they really made soaps unique and you get more freedom in those bits at the end, more contemplative moments.

Cecily was such an interesting character in those days. With good taste in a bikini.