AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Speaking of marriages, I would have loved (after the show did not renew the contract of Lee Meriweather as Ruth and Mary Fickett told that she was no longer interested in the role) to see a widowed Dr. Joe Martin and Mary Smythe get married.

I too lament that so many characters were not on the show. Especially Tom Cudahy.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I DEFINITELY agree about Tom, danfling. He had his personal demons -- alcoholism, his daughter's death, the failure of his marriages -- but he was also the kind of upstanding tent pole character that soaps just don't have anymore.

• Members

Opal definitely ruined Palmer, but he had a touch of comedy fairly early on. He and Myra had a great comic relationship throughout the 80s and he then was affiliated with Mr U. Opal destroyed Palmer as any sort of lead. I hated that relationship from day one because it was obvious where this was heading. I guess the show felt they already had Adam and Palmer was getting up there in years and it was time to move him out of lead stories and more into wacky day player status.

• Members

I'd imagine there would be some drama surrounding the reveal of Miranda's paternity. Miranda would bolt either for L.A. or NYC. There could be some shady music producer who'd seduce her and exploit her talents as a singer and songwriter. That would bring us to his murder and her trial. Of course, no way would she have done it. But the ordeal would have brought her and A.J. together. They'd fall in love, get married, drop out of school, earn their G.E.D.'s, refuse any and all help from their respective families. But, in time, the pressures would have been insurmountable. Miranda would learn she's pregnant right around the time A.J. admits he cheated on her. They'd split up, A.J. (with his new bride) would have returned to the Chandler family AND started work at Chandler Enterprises...while Miranda would be looking ahead to single motherhood (with help from Bianca, Bianca's new girlfriend (Jane) and even a returning Erica) and launching the Fusion music label.

Edited by Khan

• Members

July 77

-Ellen's daughter Devon arrived

-Billy Clyde gave Donna a job as awaitress and intercepted a phone call from Chuck,who was searching for her.

-Kelly fainted and fell down the stairs.

-Outraged that Mona tended to an ailing Mark,Erica decided he should be told the truth.

-David saved Christina from a suicide attempt and her ghost disappeared when he told her the truth about her suicide attempt.