AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was thinking about this the other day. I remember how happy I was with the surprise that Ruth Warrick was at the 2004 Daytime Emmy's to receive her Lifetime Achievement Emmy because the Emmy's had released a statement saying she was not coming. When we saw her at the end of the long line of winners, I was so excited but then immediatley saddened by the reality of how frail she had become:

PhoebeLifetime.jpg

The press and the tptb at AMC had been saying how she was not up for taping. But, in her last scene in 2003, she did still have that bite that made her Phoebe inspite of the wheelchair (which started as a story point and not a necessity). As happy as I was to see her triumphant that evening, I also knew it was probably going to be one of the last times she was going to grace our screen.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UFGFBzRLw_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by AMCHistory

• Members

Oh man, I remember Mario Cantone got such material out of this when he recapped the Daytime Emmys on The View. "Stool, stool, WHEELCHAIR, NECK BRACE!" Joy tried to school him on who Ruth Warrick was, i.e., Citizen Kane, and he was like, "I know who she is! She was also in Song of the South!"

• Members

http://michaelfairma...ess/2012/04/12/

Came across this interview with MCE. I posted just the AMC related parts. I miss Annie Novak McDermott Lavery Chandler sad.png I miss the whole show.

How is working with your dear friend, Billy Miller (Billy)?

MELISSA:

Terrible! I will tell you the truth later, off the record (Laughs) It’s great. We are buds from way back, of course, from our days on All My Children, and so we have been hanging out even before I came to Y&R. Now being here with Billy I get to see him double!

What has been your favorite Billy Miller scene from your time with him on All My Children, and from your time thus far with him on The Young and the Restless?

MELISSA:

On AMC, I loved when Annie pretended to be shot and “died” and Richie got really scared. On Y&R, I would have to say, when Chelsea and Billy were flirting at the bar. I just love flirting with Billy Miller! It’s so much fun. Also, when Billy and I are being nasty to each other in scenes. I have liked that too!

Where are you at with All My Children being gone, and the legacy of the show, and putting it behind you? You were such an integral part of its storytelling in the final years of the soap. Do you still see many of your AMC pals and stay in touch with them?

MELISSA:

I see Chrishell Stause (Amanda) all the time. She is my “Bestie”. I talk with Cameron Mathison (Ryan), but he is New York a lot withGood Morning America, so he is kind of hard to pin down. I saw Stephanie Gatschet (Madison), Christina Bennett Lind (Bianca), and Jill Larson (Opal) recently at this Yoga-thon. It was so fun to see all those gals. Especially in this business, you see them at auditions, or the gym, and all over. Luckily now, we are all in the same town for the most part.

Would you say that Pine Valley’s Annie Novak McDermott Lavery Chandler was one of your favorite roles of your career?

MELISSA:

All My Children changed my life in an amazing way. I was playing that part from age 24 to Age 28, which are such important years of your life. It was such an important job for me which took me to New York. Then I got to have all these experiences in New York, and the benefits of having a great job at that age. I saw a couple of episodes of All My Children on SOAPnet recently, and I am blonde on it! So, to look back on that, and go, “Wow. That was six years ago,” that is kind of insane.

What do you think about the final episode of AMC? Many felt underwhelmed. It was very upsetting to fans that wanted closure, when the writers had to leave things with a cliffhanger on the belief it was moving to the Internet and continuing on via Prospect Park.

MELISSA:

I did watch it. Of course I did. I loved it because I have loved that show for so long. I loved All My Children when I was growing up. I was kind of bummed that they did not use the ending we all taped, which showed us all in the future. I was kind of sad not to see that, because it tied it all up in a bow. But I understand also, why they didn’t. I am so proud of everyone involved, but it was so hard to end a show, when you think it could be possibly moving to the Internet. It was hard. It was hard for everyone. I think they did a great job. I was sad to see it gone. I am still in shock. I think it’s such an iconic show, and it makes me very sad that it was the final episode last September.

• Members

OMG, thanks Carl for posting that awesome article! The pictures of Billy Clyde and Estelle are a true find.

I wish someone somewhere could track down Kate Dezina. She was part of a golden era in AMC. She has not had many acting roles since, and her co-stars seem to have lost track of her.

Source: http://www.soapopera...li-bogazianos-0

Edited by AMCHistory