AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Well, because Corvina was a shrewish pest and we knew there was no chance in hell Dimi would leave Erica for her. Just like school marm Laurel, sure Jack could be with her, but Erica knew she was no superficial competition, unlike tall, leggy Laurel numero uno. I think the biggest crime was distancing Erica from Brooke and writing Brooke implicitly intellectually superior to Erica and therefore impervious to her put downs and dismissive of her cattiness. I like when Brooke got dirty back in Erica's face. Brooke was her best foil and then we ended up with Erica fighting with little girls like Greenlee which looked silly on Erica's part, disrespectful on Greenlee's.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's my main problem with it. It makes no sense. Pratt basically just killed the character off only to recreate her again after only a few months, and then the character persisted for years afterwards! I don't understand. I could get killing Babe off, she did little if anything the last year she was on, but why kill her and then virtually bring her back in a boring incarnation with a poor actress. Never mind that they completely butchered Krystal's character to make her conception possible. ph34r.png I seriously have to wonder if Pratt was on mind altering drugs while he was watching AMC.

Edited by Skin

• Members

Mmmmm....tall, leggy Laurel numero uno...I can still see her gams in the headlights of Jack's car...

And Corvina? Well, she wasn't horrible because she couldn't speak English or her accent was too thick. It was that she spit all over the place when she talked...the angrier she got, the more saliva!

Thay Lay-PORE, Da-MEAT-three!!

Oh, I thought Helga was just great. I loved how she underplayed her a bit; made her more creepy in my opinion.

I think they attempted to make Maria her adversary, because it was convenient...the four Merricks at Wildwind, at each other's throats.

• Members

Getting rid of Babe only to bring her back in the form of Marissa was an effort to kill two birds with one stone. Let's erase all of the bad recasting (Baker) and baby-napping history (which was why fans hated the character) and bring back someone who is essentially Babe without the bad karma. It actually wasn't a bad idea on the part of Pratt (or whomever), but the reincarnation came in the form of "Grandma Boring." If Bobbie Eakes had found Alexa Havins in a brunette wig in that massage parlor, I think we might have been "all good" with the invention of Ms. Tasker.

Because love or hate Babe, Alexa Havins had charisma in spades.

• Members

Tad having fun at Erica's expense:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sd_hOd2Vnok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, and for those who don't remember, this was during Jack and Erica's divorce reality show when she was using Tad to make Jack jealous and to make herself look better on camera since he was filmed out on a date with Barbara and out on a date with a hot female lawyer. Tad had already taken Erica out a few times and groped her for the cameras. She wanted to make it look like they were sleeping together for the cameras so Jack would be pissed off, and Tad had some fun with it as seen in that clip before telling her to grow up, quit wasting time, and tell Jack she still loved him already.

I absolutely LOVED the Tad/Erica friendship. I loved Erica taking Tad and Jenny under her wing when they were all modeling together in New York way back when, and I loved that the writers never tried to screw up the friendship by making them lovers.

• Members

Here is the rest of that scene:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1WNdy5kD-js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to admit that while I thought AMC mostly sucked after 2004 or so, there were a few bright spots for me, and the whole Jack/Erica "new divorce" fiasco was one of them. It was at times funny, at times romantic and passionate, at times snarky, and it made me actually want to root for Jack and Erica to get back together again. I just hate that it was all ruined by Greenlee kidnapping Spike and crashing her car, J&E fighting over their kids AGAIN, and Jack leaving Erica AGAIN.

• Members

Galen was the first time I encountered that "The role of so and so will now be played by" announcement they used to always have. Brunette Galen was barely on at all -- a couple of months at most? Of course blonde Galen really didn't have much to do exceptt eh Carter Jones story and a boring relationshipwith Stephen who didn't have too much to do either...