AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess this was the second one - the first was a brunette right?

I don't remember Dimitri's later sweaters being quite that bad. My grandfather really did own this sweater.

When Peggy came in was she someone who had started working there or had she been around for years, offcamera? I think she knew Edmund, right? I can't remember now.

I was reading some 1996 article asking writers what audience reaction surprised them - one of the AMC people said the audience reaction to Maria/Dimitri screwing around surprised them, because the viewers were disappointed in the characters, whereas the show thought viewers would just see it as people who were upset and grieving. Just another big example of the producers of that era, and later on, not getting fans, or what fans wanted to see.

• Members

I think the timing was a big factor for the fans - Maria and Edmund had gone through this heart-wrenching fertility battle and adoption, only to have to give Sam back to Kelsey, and Erica and Dimitri had spent so long dealing with addiction to painkillers, and I think a lot of the fans really wanted some happiness for both couples. To instead get grief sex with the wrong partner - especially when Erica wasn't cheating with Kinder that time since he'd knocked her out and staged the whole scene - it just wasn't what the fans were expecting. I wasn't as invested in Erica/Dimitri at this point, but I was still more or less rooting for them, and to have him sleep with Maria just made me hate him.

• Members

At the time it felt like an excuse to have the two characters sleep together. There wasn't enough build-up. It didn't help this came after a long period of me-me type behavior from both. I think that's probably one of the first times I remember a blatantly plot driven story when I was watching AMC - even stuff like the Noah/Julia Jamaica follies didn't knock me over that way.

• Members

The Terrence beating was I believe 1991. That was the episode that won All My Children its first Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. I don't remember a brunette Galen, but maybe I'm wrong.

ETA: I just checked IMDB and you're right. Karen Person was Galen #2. It's all coming back to me. The first Galen left really abruptly. Wasn't she married to Tom Eplin?

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

That was sooo awful and hilarious!

Charlie's equine chompers have got so many x-rated jokes involving Erica's anatomy rolling around my brain. And spot on with the sexy Flintstone character look. Erocka Kane? ph34r.png I like how she and Brooke are sporting unique, equally matched cool looks here.

• Members

Right right. Honestly, I didn't remember CharLie having much interaction with Erica at all, this scene kind of surprised me. I also remembered Helga having a much stronger accent, but that's my memory being influenced by her role as Mary Fisher's maid in She-Devil.