AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Gotcha!

That is one of the more flattering pics of Laura. She looks like Jessica Tuck there. That pic of them all bundled up in the bed is a hoot, the looks on their faces especially dork Cameron and Esta looking like a woman three times her age who'd had some unfortunate work done.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Angie was Skye's maid of honor? I didn't realize they were acquaintances let alone close enough for that. What was their back-story together? Wasn't Angie close friends with Cindy, whom Skye hated?

Its hard to beleive that was 13 years ago. I dont think he's aged much at all.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I just realized how funny that Babe/Bianca picture looks on top of the Joe/Kate one. It looks like Joe's telling Kate about Babe and Bianca having an affair, and poor Kate's trying to process the information before her head explodes.

I think he's gotten a bit more macho since then. His face was still very soft and boyish in that picture, but now he looks a bit more tougher. Still very good-looking, though.

• Members

Robin has barely aged in the last 20 years. She had somewhat unique features that age you in youth but then make you younger as you age, if you don't ruin it with plastic surgery.

I know this is Susan overload but I thought this had some nice bits here and there.

• Members

I'd love to see that Merv Griffin episode and hear that album track.

LOL, that remark about the gangly girls in high school still looking gangly no matter how far they've come is kinda bitchy. :lol: Was Susan a Mean Girl? :lol: Well, she did say in an interview that she was haughty and self-centered in her youth.

• Members

Although I haven't been a devoted viewer of AMC or OLTL in a long time, I'll miss both of them.

Like so many have said, soaps provided an escape for me as a child. I grew up in an extremely dysfunctional and emotionally distant family with parents that fought constantly and my father's job forcing us to up and move all over the world. My mother died quite suddenly when I was younger, my older sister left to go to university, my older brother shut out the world, and my father quickly married my perpetually unhappy stepmother and had a few more kids leaving me feeling very much alone, neglected, and abandoned (which was very easy when you're a blonde awkward Australian girl who speaks English going to school in Italy with a bunch of beautiful Italian kids running around speaking Italian). At that time, Santa Barbara, General Hospital, All My Children, Days of Our Lives, Y&R, and B&B were all running overseas and it was comforting to know that in places all over the world I could find American soaps on some channel- even if they were years behind- and have a sense of familiarity with the people and places on these shows that I was sorely lacking in my real life. As a child, I knew no one else who's mother had died and my father's way of dealing with it was by pushing aside our grief and just never speaking about it again; watching people be able to grieve and process things like deaths on soaps told me that it was okay to grieve and be upset.

Like I said, I haven't watched AMC or OLTL regularly in a while, but I will never forget the comfort characters like Adam, Brooke, Phoebe, Erica, Palmer, Mona, Tad, Dixie, Skye, and Hayley on AMC and Viki, Dorian, Cassie, Asa, Bo, Clint, Max, Gabrielle, and Tina provided to a sad lonely girl once upon a time. Thanks for the memories.

Edited by AdelaideCate007