Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

Chuck was the biological father of Palmer John. Palmer was not Palmer John's biological father, but he was not Andrew's either. I had been hoping for many years that someone would have rescued Palmer John from the fire, reared him, and that he would return to Pine Valley.

I read up -

Palmer John was conceived in Switzerland when Donna & Chuck we’re trapped in a cave after an avalanche in the Alps.

They both thought they were going to die.

Edited by Pine Charles

2 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Am I seeing a little Penelope Cruz in some of those shots??

Susan looks great with the short cut. She really should go with that length now as the long locks look dated on her .

Yes, it really did look fabulous on her.
This was a photo shoot for the Having It All book (1997).

images.jpeg

On 12/29/2018 at 8:28 PM, Pine Charles said:

This is for Jonathan and AllMyShadows:

Thanks! You know I had to mute it and play Lluvia de Primavera over it instead.

Edited by All My Shadows

On 12/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, Pine Charles said:

This is for Jonathan and AllMyShadows:

YES!  One of my fav looks of La Lucci's!  Thanks!

I did watch the revival online after being a fan of the original and while it couldn't replace the original, I did think it had some potential. The David/Angie connection was one that would have been interesting to see play out. I also loved Miranda and AJ. The Cassandra story was beyond depressing.

For those of you who watched it, what do you think were the pros and cons?

1 hour ago, pdm1974 said:

I did watch the revival online after being a fan of the original and while it couldn't replace the original, I did think it had some potential. The David/Angie connection was one that would have been interesting to see play out. I also loved Miranda and AJ. The Cassandra story was beyond depressing.

For those of you who watched it, what do you think were the pros and cons?

Cons were some of the actors were too green but mostly it was the business side didnt have their crap together  if they had both AMC & OLTL could still be going strong

58 minutes ago, John said:

Cons were some of the actors were too green but mostly it was the business side didnt have their crap together  if they had both AMC & OLTL could still be going strong

Also, I think a few more years later and the shows could have been much more successful online. Now, most people don't think twice about streaming their content on demand, but even back as soon as 2013 it was still sort of a new concept for most. I'd love to see (I know it's a dream) to see either AMC or OLTL rebooted again online now.

2 minutes ago, Costello said:

I wouldn’t put it past someone: producers are scavenging in their junk drawers for established IP of any kind right now. 

I would love to see a company like Netflix with real cash reboot it even if it was for much shorter number of episodes per season.

2 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

I would love to see a company like Netflix with real cash reboot it even if it was for much shorter number of episodes per season.

Yeah, my guess is it wouldn’t be stylized or produced as a traditional soap in the multi-camera, five-times-a-week sense. 

AMC 2.0 on Hulu was the best soap of 2013, and probably the best soap of the 2010s so far if I'm being mean.

OLTL 2.0 had its issues but was not far behind. Both shows were modern and forward-thinking, and if they'd had proper upper management would still be on Hulu or Netflix. They were the future of our soaps, and the rest of the remaining soaps learned nothing from them. So they have no future.

You could put those shows on streaming in a packaged/seasonal arc deal - say, 20-40 eps in one period at a time - and do it today. The time, the social climate, etc. is ripe IMO, especially for OLTL. But they won't.

Edited by Vee

1 minute ago, Vee said:

AMC 2.0 on Hulu was the best soap of 2013, and probably the best soap of the 2010s so far if I'm being mean.

OLTL 2.0 had its issues but was not far behind. Both shows were modern and forward-thinking, and if they'd had proper upper management would still be on Hulu or Netflix. They were the future of our soaps, and the rest of the soaps learned nothing.

You could put those shows on streaming in a packaged/seasonal arc deal - say, 20-40 eps in one period at a time - and do it today.

Also, shows now need to only produce 35 episodes a year to be considered for Daytime Emmy consideration. A nice even 40, one hour shows, with a smaller focused cast, could be great.