AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is one of those scenes where you see why Alicia Minshew was cast as Susan Lucci's daughter.

Personally I think the acting is atrocious (Eden Reigel has almost no lines and acts better) but she's trying and putting her all into it and you still, despite the...everything, come away from it feeling sympathy toward Kendall. I don't think she or Susan Lucci ever phoned in a performance in their lives, I know Lucci never did. She played Erica to the hilt no matter how terrible the material. 

Edited by Darn

• Members

"Honey, they are gonna cancel your car insurance!" LOL!

Soaps are just not funny anymore, it's a damn shame. I've been watching a lot of random episodes from 1992-1995 and wow the show was so great then. Erica was in her PRIME. Kendall's introduction added a ton of layers and story to her character. And the rest of the show is just as good. Pine Valley feels like a full lived in community. 

• Members

I still wish they could have worked something out like McTavish and Broderick both writing (although McTavish may not have wanted that), but watching some early 1995 I can see why they moved on to Broderick. One episode I watched, every single story in the episode was about a woman losing a child or wanting to get pregnant, with the exception of a story with Julia keeping watch over a young gay man dying of AIDS. That story was surprisingly good (the guy was a good actor, and it was oddly rare for a soap to actually say that yes, a lot of gay men were dying of AIDS, even in 1995), but very bleak.