AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'll admit that I thought he was all wrong for Charlie.  He was too old and, frankly, too sophisticated for that role.  Nevertheless, it is a shame that he died so suddenly and so relatively wrong.

Like I said in the other thread specifically about his death, what IS it with the Kennedys?  Do they really live under some sort of curse, or what?

• Members

What did you think of him with Hayley?

When I started watching AMC, he was with Cecily, and i mostly found them dull and irritating. But I can see where he could have worked in another role.

I still wonder what went wrong with Cecily's return. 

• Members

I don't think their relationship worked -- but, then again, I don't think any of Hayley's romantic relationships worked (outside of maybe Brian Bodine).  Kelly Ripa's cute and all, but....

I, too, would love to know why Cecily's return flopped.  Agnes Nixon, Lorraine Broderick and Megan McTavish were all working on the show during Rosa Nevin's first stint, so it isn't as if they didn't know who Cecily was.  (I used to suspect it was because Maurice Benard sabotaged things BTS, making sure Cecily didn't shine without Nico.  But why the [!@#$%^&*] would he care about what was happening on AMC, when he had made a much bigger splash on GH?)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Glad to see those 1981 episodes up again. They were up on a now defunct channel with two OLTL August 1981 episodes and some ATWT 1992 episodes. Those episodes were re-uploaded by munecojim but these hadn't returned. 

I think the last time they also revived my old "Is that Carla Dragoni from Intervention?" query.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The show really needed a better hairstylist at this time (for the men and the women). Didn't the show start getting a makeover a year or two after this? It was much needed.

Hair issues aside, Mark LaMura is so gorgeous and charismatic. He really pops. If risque cable soaps had ever established themselves he would have been perfect for one. It's nice to see more of him with Ellen. I wish I could see their early days. 

Devon...bleh. 

It's terrific to see all these episodes.