Jump to content
Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SFK said:

Been watching various episodes from the eighties last few nights.  That Dorothy Lyman was a trip, it's no wonder that memories of her were etched in my four-year-old brain. Wish I could find the scene where she hurled dinner plates at Ray, I remember watching that on our cousin's VCR as she'd taped that day.

 

Also watched Silver/Jeremy/Natalie/Erica/Goldie stuff. "The role of Noelle is now being played by Claire Beckman" is the first one of those I ever heard as a kid. Anyone know why Rosalind Ingledew Allen left the part? On her own volition or let go?

Have No Idea but Claire does favor Julianne Moore who replaced two years later as Sabrina on ATWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Such a gross promo. "The show you didn't think we'd dare do!". Yeah, rape a lesbian. It's the show no one WANTED you to do.

 

Question, how long did Erica have Maddie for?

Edited by Darn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Darn said:

 

Such a gross promo. "The show you didn't think we'd dare do!". Yeah, rape a lesbian. It's the show no one WANTED you to do.

 

Question, how long did Erica have Maddie for?

This is when I turned off All My Children forever. The show crossed the line with Bianca's rape and, for me, never recovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know whether this has been posted already, but in case you were wondering whatever happened to Nick Benedict (Phil Brent #2)...

 

 

By the way, he has so many facts wrong about his career, it's not even funny.  Drugs are bad, kids, stay in school.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Hal Short part of some drug-smuggling plot?  Something to do with drugs being passed off as laundry soap, I think?  I always thought the "laundry soap twist" was fiendishly clever, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2018 at 2:35 AM, Khan said:

I do not know whether this has been posted already, but in case you were wondering whatever happened to Nick Benedict (Phil Brent #2)...

 

 

By the way, he has so many facts wrong about his career, it's not even funny.  Drugs are bad, kids, stay in school.

Good for him that he has found happiness and contentment ...that's all I say...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hal had drug shipments coming into The Boutique.   I am thinking that his ex-wife  Kitty was the owner then of The Boutique.   These drug shipments were amid shipments of soap.  I think that maybe Claudette was involved in the drug smuggling also.  I cannot remember for sure, but I think that she too worked at The Boutique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMC really seemed to change a lot between 1975 and 1985. I'd of course give anything to see anything from the former. Margo and Claudette have always given me the feeling of a 70s version of Krystal and Babe.

When did Mona and Charles become a thing? Were the signs there from the very beginning like with Joe and Ruth or did it start later? I know that Charles was visibly unhappy early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

AMC really seemed to change a lot between 1975 and 1985. I'd of course give anything to see anything from the former. Margo and Claudette have always given me the feeling of a 70s version of Krystal and Babe.

When did Mona and Charles become a thing? Were the signs there from the very beginning like with Joe and Ruth or did it start later? I know that Charles was visibly unhappy early on.

Margo was a former model, correct??

I believe she and Erica bonded over the model thing.

Regarding Mona and Dr. Charles - from everything I’ve read, there seems to have been an attraction from the beginning, but Charles turned to Mona more for comfort as Phoebe’s drinking grew progressively worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×