AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Found some 1990 episodes from spring to summer, it seems like a show in transition.

Was Trask/david/sharla/Melanie an attempt at recreating the glory years of the teen scene early 1980s?  

Natalie's personify gradually is watered down as 1990 moves forward.

Erica caught between Jack and Travis?  Erica and Jack were a horrid couple and don't get why they were kept together 9n and off till 2009.

The new Angie isn't Angie whatsoever.  Decent actress, but it's a different character.  She plays Angie more passive and sweet while Debbie Morgan had backbone and confidence infused into Angie.   Does this pat/Angie dating the same man last Long?  I can see why Debbie Morgan jumped ship if this was the best the shoe could give her.

Ceara circa 1990 is a blonde Erica Kane right down to her flirting with Jack.

• Members

I didn't like Erica with either Montgomery. For me, that's when the character started to become somewhat dull. I was never a fan of Bianca and thought Erica would have been more interesting with a son. Being so feminine, that dynamic might have been more unique than the early days of her dressing spoiled brat Bianca up. Beyond that, Travis was my least favorite Kane husband due to his holier than thou hypocrisy. He got Bianca kidnapped, he lied, cheated and produced a child, then used Bianca- first to get back with Erica, then to punish her- yet  Erica was the horrible parent? Jack was also holier than thou and hypocritical quite often.

I never understood why they said Jack was the only man who never tried to change Erica. It's BS. Adam never tried to change her. Control her, stay one step ahead of her, but not change her actual personality.

• Members

To me, Jack was Erica's fall back..never truly her true love.  I would say Erica was his but never hers.  I recall during the Libosone arc that both of them dran it...he confessed he was still in love with her and Erica let him know that she cared for him but wasn't in love with him.

Adam and Erica were more like a partnership then a romance so of course he never tried to change her.  He liked the challenge she presented and he never got bored because he could never control her.

I love watching some of the 1989 episodes especially the ones that Depriest were headwriter of.  Some of her ideas were odd, but the show had more of a community feel then when broderick/miller were headwriting.  She started erica/Jack, tad/Dixie, and it's interesting she was the one to create Trevor while Natalie was trying to move on from Jeremy..who was with Skye! I don't recall that relationship...so I'm guessing when Nixon came back she ended it because Jeremy and his son were going for Ceara by end of 1990.

• Members

Does anyone know the exact date that Marcy Walker first appeared as Liza Colby on AMC?  Marcy supposedly first appeared as Liza in 1981, but some accounts at least seemed to indicate 1980.

Also, does anyone know the exact date that Michael E. Knight began appearing as Tad Martin on AMC?

Edited by GSGfan2017