AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She definitely wasn't the original Dr. Tolan.  Ceara was seeing her in 1991 to deal with her father raping her as a child; it was a different actress.  I liked her.

Anyway,  I cannot FATHOM how Kate Collins was never even NOMINATED for an Emmy.   But, then again, someone made a good point that they didn't want her competing for votes w/ Susan Lucci.  She should have at least been nominated for the Ross rape/Silver Kane story and definitely Natalie/Janet.  

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

Susan has posted on her Instagram account that Mark La Mura (Mark Dalton) has died. I'm not seeing it anywhere else, but her post is pretty recent (45 minutes ago), so I would assume we'll see more tomorrow. I'm very saddened by this - Mark, to me, embodied a lot of what made AMC such a fun, lively, and successful soap in the late 70s and early 80s, and of course, there were the more dramatic storylines written for the character later on. I'm very thankful Megan McTavish brought the character and actor back several times in her last stint.

• Members

This makes me so sad.  I fell into a brief melancholy period of AMC/OLTL nostalgia last week.  I tried to add screenshots of Susan's IG post but SON says the file's too large.

He was so young.  And such a handsome man.  I loved how he really looked he could be Susan's brother and Albert Stratton's son.

• Members

I've been pretty steadily making my way through HamiltonBernique's uploads, all of which are new to me, so my AMC urges are satisfied regularly. I've gone through some pretty big life changes recently, so being able to get back into AMC and discover some of its best years has been an invaluable coping tool. I love, love, love our show, man. I'll be 80 years old, and they'll still be on my mind.

I think I established a few years ago that I truly believe Mark to be AMC's most attractive male star, period. He and SuLu were just SO gorgeous together, and yes, they matched each other so well as siblings. I would give my left leg to fully watch their heyday as PV's hot youngsters in the late 70s. Those pics from the disco say it all.

• Members

He was a stunning guy - his eyes and smile and chiseled features, and the rest, as we know from After Dark. He was also a good actor. I'm sorry that the show never did more with him in later years. 

I think that Erica and Mark were two of the only "oops they're siblings" characters to actually bond as siblings. Most of the time one would be written out soon after (Marie on DAYS, Lorie's brother Mark on Y&R, et al).

• Members

I think the work they did with Erica and Mark really stemmed from the fact that Erica needed someone other than Mona in her life to bounce her quirks off of and also a male figure who wasn't a potential love interest, a "guy" for her to be close to without the inevitable paring up. It's usually a pet peeve of mine when they write a long-lost sibling in as if they'd always been around, but it just made sense and worked with Mark.

The best thing they could have done for Mark that they didn't do was make Josh his son.

• Members

I tend to wonder how much was down to how different he was to most men on AMC up to that point, especially those in Natalie's life. I sometimes wonder if it was also a tacit admission to how much of Natalie's personality they had seeped away over the years. 

• Members

IDK what it is, but I find him horrible. Why did they stick poor Natalie with him? 

I can't fathom him with his constant judging, his righteousness, the way he always finds a way to butt into people's business...

I don't know if it is me, but he remind me of Ryan in the last 10 years of the show. Maybe Trevor was the prototype.