Jump to content
Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

Recommended Posts

From watching YouTube's from 1981 to 1989...id have to say the following..

 

love Angie/Jesse.

 

Greg/Jenny were kind of boring hence why Lisa then Amanda were used as onterlopera...cause on their own..the couple was boring.  The anticipation of them getting together outweighed the actual coupling.  The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.

 

Loved Dottie...loved her early friendship with Jesse...even loved her whimsical mother Edna.  I did think she and Tad were a true couple...thiugh I did like that she eventually worked for Erica and became buddies/roommates with Greg before briefly dating Andrew.  She left for greener pastures...nowadays she would have gone crazy and tried to kill Hilary or kidnap Tad...she loved Tad but realized he didn't love her in that way and broke free to find herself.

 

Hilary...is it weird I liked her better once she and Tad broke up...and she and Skye were rivals at work and over Mitch?  A shame she left just before Tad came back...wpuld have been interesting to see if tad/dixie would have happened if the actress playing Hilary hadn't left.

 

I liked how Eric was isolated from the canvas from 1981 to 1984 before her marriage to Adam Chandler reconnected her to the canvas till 1986 when her adventures with Jeremy/Natalie isolated her again till 1988/89.  In the 1990s, she was more integrated with the canvas.  On y and r...that type of isolation wad the norm..but AMC was more about the cimmunity..smaller town...more close knit..where pine valley was just as much of a character.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

 

Who remembers the late Lynne Thigpen on the PBS game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

4 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

 

Greg/Jenny were kind of boring hence why Lisa then Amanda were used as onterlopera...cause on their own..the couple was boring.  The anticipation of them getting together outweighed the actual coupling.  The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.

 

Soaplovers, why do you think Marcy Walker's hair had to be so short during her initial years as Liza Colby on All My Children?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 0:08 PM, Soaplovers said:

From watching YouTube's from 1981 to 1989...id have to say the following..

 

love Angie/Jesse.

 

Greg/Jenny were kind of boring hence why Lisa then Amanda were used as onterlopera...cause on their own..the couple was boring.  The anticipation of them getting together outweighed the actual coupling.  The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.

 

Loved Dottie...loved her early friendship with Jesse...even loved her whimsical mother Edna.  I did think she and Tad were a true couple...thiugh I did like that she eventually worked for Erica and became buddies/roommates with Greg before briefly dating Andrew.  She left for greener pastures...nowadays she would have gone crazy and tried to kill Hilary or kidnap Tad...she loved Tad but realized he didn't love her in that way and broke free to find herself.

 

Hilary...is it weird I liked her better once she and Tad broke up...and she and Skye were rivals at work and over Mitch?  A shame she left just before Tad came back...wpuld have been interesting to see if tad/dixie would have happened if the actress playing Hilary hadn't left.

 

I liked how Eric was isolated from the canvas from 1981 to 1984 before her marriage to Adam Chandler reconnected her to the canvas till 1986 when her adventures with Jeremy/Natalie isolated her again till 1988/89.  In the 1990s, she was more integrated with the canvas.  On y and r...that type of isolation wad the norm..but AMC was more about the cimmunity..smaller town...more close knit..where pine valley was just as much of a character.

 

I never thought I'd enjoy the stuff with Erica on her own - not because it's Erica on her own but because I never really understood why they would isolate her the way they did, but after actually watching so much of it, it made so much sense and had a lot to do with her becoming the legendary character she became. She was sooooo much more than podunk ol' PV ever could handle. She was the big glamorous stahhh, and it made her coming home that much juicier because of the development she went through while away. She would've never become that character had she always stayed in town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
applcin   
On 8/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, Soaplovers said:

Greg/Jenny were kind of boring hence why Lisa then Amanda were used as onterlopera...cause on their own..the couple was boring.  The anticipation of them getting together outweighed the actual coupling.  The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.


I remember at the time wishing that Jenny & Jesse had been more than best friends. But I knew the show was never going to take them there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khan   
On 8/19/2017 at 0:08 PM, Soaplovers said:

The fact she was killed a few months after they finally got together is partly why they are so memorable.  Had she lived...i have no doubt they would have either left town or broken up.

 

IA; and BECAUSE she died so soon, the specialness of Greg and Jenny's relationship wasn't spoiled by the kind of romantic merry-go-round that Cliff and Nina were on throughout much of the '80's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GH_Girl   

I've been watching 1993-4 AMC on You Tube and it really struck me how many black characters there were! They had stories! They were treated like actual people! What on earth happened on ABC Daytime to make it go so far backwards since then? Was there a minority purge at some point? I started watching AMC around 1996, I remember Derrick and Danielle later on, but Mimi, Terrence, Livia, the guy who thinks he's Danielle's father right now, they were all gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DRW50   
4 minutes ago, GH_Girl said:

I've been watching 1993-4 AMC on You Tube and it really struck me how many black characters there were! They had stories! They were treated like actual people! What on earth happened on ABC Daytime to make it go so far backwards since then? Was there a minority purge at some point? I started watching AMC around 1996, I remember Derrick and Danielle later on, but Mimi, Terrence, Livia, the guy who thinks he's Danielle's father right now, they were all gone.

 

A number of actors left for various reasons (Tonya Pinkins for Broadway I think, Dondre Whitfield because he was unhappy with the way black characters were treated). ABC started phasing out black characters on most of their soaps around this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×