AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

At least Dixie/Cady McClain still had normal hair in that clip even if she was a mess. Some of her hair choices down the line were quite questionable, including the horrid Dutch boy cut, and IMO, the pixie cut she had at one point did her no favors, either.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Dutch boy was one of the worst haircuts I've seen on any soap...I think she chopped or changed it again right before leaving and it was a bit better.

The pixie hair she said in one interview made people repeatedly ask if she was a lesbian, to the point where she began to wonder herself. 

• Members

Gloria....an interesting character right up till 1995 before the show seemed unable to figure out what to do with her...she briefly was in the Dr. Kinder story as his assistant...briefly flirted with jack...then tried to be Tad's quirky girlfriend before becoming Dimitri's stepford wife.

Ironically..the last few weeks of her stint..she was more like the Gloria of 1991 to 1995...instantly figuring Ryan as a con artist...before opting to move to sunny California.

I liked Dixie's hair in the online version of AMC the best.

• Members

I liked the character of Gloria.  Teresa Blake had chemistry with a lot of actors on the canvas and she was able to hold her own in scenes with David Canary.  I agree that after 1995, she kind of floated around and didn't have a real purpose.  I still wonder about Teresa Blake; she just fell off the face of the earth.

• Members

I think she very nearly left in 1995 until the last minute - I do wish they'd done more with her. I liked her relationship with Dimitri and I thought it could have gone somewhere.

I remember her last episode being preempted by the Lewinsky scandal. I don't think I ever got to see it. It still annoys me. 

If it weren't for Megan McTavish returning right as Gloria was leaving I kind of wonder if she would have had as much of a goodbye as she did. Either way, I'm glad they did a good job with her goodbye as I certainly hadn't expected it. 

• Members

Cady McClain continued to do terrible things to her hair right to the end of ATWT - even after ATWT finally made her look good when she first came to the show. Then she dyed it red, curled it; it was awful. I remember Dixie's 'ghost' on AMC showing up to take Palmer into the beyond with that same hair. Thank God that phase passed.

• Members

McTavish seemed to have an odd relationship with Dixie as other than that 1998 return a lot of her material for her seemed to heavily focus on her negative traits, especially her stubbornness and self-righteousness. I think sometimes Cady preferred playing that, but it was such a contrast to the St. Dixie we would often get.

Jill Larson was such a wonderful actress.

• Members

Oddly...I thought Dixie during the brief online run was written as a 3D character... the first time in several years.  She showcased her compassionate side, her sarcastic side, her ability to forgive and her judgmental side.  It was the best shed been written since the 90s..imho.