AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's interesting she says that as I'm not sure what it really means...? Surely AMC as a show was already suited for the '90s, based on its core theme. Unless she meant generic and trying too hard (as a lot of '90s material did, especially in daytime)?

AMC of 1986-1987 is stuff that holds up very well and could easily do well today. After that it moves further and further away...which also seems to be around the time she started taking over. 

I will credit her with part of 1995 being very good though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

AMC was becoming so dark and ugly by that point in Megan McTavish's first run.  Stories like the Carter Jones saga were just SO sensational (in a bad way) and watching scenes with characters literally yelling each other did not help.

• Members

I liked the show in the early to mid 90s.  It still felt like AMC to me.

I stopped liking it in 1998 and the propping of certain characters even though the acting choices and actions of those certain characters made me question the propping.

I still liked the Natalie in a well story...it led to Dimitri/Edmund and wildwind...as well as erica/Dimitri as well as edmund/maria.  

Back then stunts like that led to long term fall out...and weren't just used for ratings stunts or Emmy stunts (ahem Brad bell..bold and the beautiful)