Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ohh...Saul knows where Brody is. I wonder what Saul's plan for Brody. Man, Carrie is so frustrating at times - she almost blew everything because she wanted to clear Brody's name. Those motel scenes were intense. Glad I was wrong about Dar Adal. He didn't backstab Saul....for now. And this was another Dana-free episode! Keep it up, Homeland. This is the way to go. Just focus on Brady/Saul/Carrie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think they were both great actresses but both of their characters' storylines are kind of played out at this point. Jessica was barely in season 3 and Dana's storyline was so freaking pointless.

I am still unspoiled and I hope I can make it until 9:00 PM. I am dying to know lol.

• Administrator

Ugh!!! The writers wrote Brody so much into a corner, they couldn't do anything else but to kill him off. I think better writers would've found a way to keep Brody on the show. I just don't trust these writers to create a good show without Brody, as proven in the first half of this season. No wonder he wasn't on much this season, they didn't know what to do with him. So the most interesting character/the best actor on the show are now gone. And the show's not going to have the Brody/Carrie dynamic either.

• Members

I disagree that they wrote Brody into a corner - there were many story lines they could of written to keep him alive- they could of got him out of Iran only to be double crossed by someone else sending him on the run again. Or he could of made a deal with Javadi etc setting up a game of cat and mouse within an unholy alliance for season 4. It's not that they wrote Brody into a corner, but rather the only stories left to tell for Brody are variations on a theme already told - constraints imposed on the character by the story construct would always curtail new stories. To say they wrote him into a corner is like saying they wrote Jessica Fletcher into a corner on Murder She Wrote. The show knew when to quit (some would argue ahead, others too late) rather than beat a dead horse and that's a mark of good writers.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Just watched the last three episodes of Season 3.... My God, what a beautiful thrill ride. From the car running over a mine to Brody's hanging, just unbelievably tense, thrilling, sad.

It was heartbreaking to see them go through with Brody's hanging but rarely has the killing off of a main character made more sense. I agree that the writers knew--and felt--that they had said all they could say about Brody without having to redo the same thing in different ways for another three seasons. True, I am going to miss Carrie and Brody together, but if the only reason I'll miss a character is because of his or her pairing, then it's time for them to go. The managed to get three seasons out of the show's original premise.

Brody was far too damaged, and the history too complex, for them to ever be able to bring him back to the US full time or tell a conventional love story for Carrie and Brody and the only other option would be what we've already seen. Also, not gonna miss the rest of the exits for Season 4.

It's gonna be so awesome seeing Carrie dealing with Brody's baby (if she keeps her) and the show could go so many different ways from now on. SO excited about the possibilities!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

The first hour of the premiere was breathtaking, immaculate perfection. What a ride. The progression leading up to the riot ambush scene was outstanding. Kudos to Corey Stoll who gave a subtle yet eerily memorable performance. I'm extremely bummed that was it for him. Damn damn damn, his story was so interesting! But I love that It's the seed for what's to come. Per usual, this show crafts It's stories like butter.

I rewinded the car scene so many times. That sh!t had my heart pounding FAST. GODDAMN it was so bloody good. OMG. And I freaking loved the sequence before when Sandy was walking around with absolutely nowhere to hide and with no way to mask his identity. This show masters sequences like that with the characters roaming about aimlessly trying to find a way out and It's just riveting to watch (Carrie, Brody, Sandy). I still never forget the scene when Carrie was whisking through Lebanon trying to escape from the cops.

I'm slightly underwhelmed by the Actor playing Aayan at this point but I think the story is there and was set up very well. I'm looking forward to how it unfolds!

They tied up Carrie & the baby just right. That was all necessary; Even the disturbing scene where she contemplated drowning her (I admit I had to pause when I realized what the hell was happening. Like I was freaking out and couldn't take it at first. I was terrified to press play. Woah.)

But WTF kind of name is Frannie though?

My stomach dropped when Carrie pulled up in front of the Brody house. I was like no this crazy bitch is not about to take Brody's illegitimate daughter to see his widowed wife and children. LOL. Thankfully that was not the case and PRAISE GOD none of the Brody's were in the episodes. I was petrified I would have to see Dana again. The best part about the premiere was that no Brody's were in sight!

The Quinn developments were actually pretty good. I've never really liked him before but my feelings etched a bit. I'm glad they delved deeper into him and explored his softer side. The resolution to the scene at the diner was embarrassing though I thought - Grown men laughing & clowning a man they don't know because he's dining with a plus size woman? That seemed really out of left field. It was very High School.

So, so sooo beyond stoked to have this show back. It's a true treat. And I refuse to be spoiled.

Archived