Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

This will be my everything!!! A bit sad they're shooting in the U.S. (and it's taking place there). I love the foreign shoots and feel of the show. I hope they don't try and bring the Brody's back (that it's taking place in NY is a good sign, but u never know).

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A very nice preview of this upcoming season (Jan 15!), and pretty much confirmation that they are only going up to season 8. I'm very glad to read they plan to spend the next two abroad. This year, however, were in New York and it actually sounds amazing. I'm glad they're taking a "think outside the box" approach into how they're going to showcase the city & storylines. I'm pumped! 

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/arts/television/homeland-season-6-showtime-brooklyn.html?_r=0

PS...I rewatched the 1st two seasons over the holiday break. Perfection. Damn.

• Members

FINALLY started season 5.

Better than I expected.

I still can't accept Quinn.

Hello to sexy mcstudmuffin Jonas.

It's been so long I don't even remember why Carrie & Saul are on the outs or if it was done between seasons and we'll catch up.

Poor Carrie. All she wants is a terrorist-free life. By the end of the episode, her lips are quivering again.

Please register in order to view this content

Germany is such a complimentary setting for the tone of the show.

• Members

Super Powers

Carrie saying goodbye to Frannie was very sad, and Danes did her thing once more with Carrie going off her meds and losing it. What a thrilling ride of an episode! I had no idea where it was all going with Quinn and the kid but it dovetailed nicely into finding Carrie. I wonder if he's only meant to track her down and not to kill her, as they made us think. They served us good soap opera with Saul and Allison sleeping together. And that ending scene! 

• Members

I hate Allison -- she's so great at what she does. I LOVED her having an anxiety attack in the bathroom... and then getting up, readying herself, and boom, she's good. Saul getting 'kidnapped' by the Jewish guy was great too.

I don't know why the fυck Otto McFucktard is now telling Jonas (who still shows up for Carrie, squeeee!) that Carrie is not stable. I've always suspected he wants her, so I hope that's the reason and that he's not another traitor.

That poor Taxi guy. He was living his life, making something of it, and Carrie got him killed. Bitch.

And then Carrie calls Allison for a meet!!!

• Members

Wow wow wow. Everything from the hunt for Allison, to Carrie finding Quinn, and the thrilling stuff with Carrie looking around the train station while Allison commits multiple murders and shoots herself. Amazing stuff.

I wanted Quinn gone, but not this way! lol I wonder if he'll survive/get better.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Wow. Wow. Any thoughts on the latest season, anyone? I just watched the whole thing in an entire day and a half. Clearly, they rewrote some stuff about half way through. The storyline ended up reflecting what's going on in today's political world. I thought it was excellent, but a bit of a mess too, all the way through!! Thoughts??

I LOVE this show! So glad we have two more seasons to look forward to. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm still watching and loving the show. Those sex scenes were some of the hottest on the show to date. Morgan Spector is continuing the hot totty tradition this show loves to give. And that guy Carrie had an affair with and some of his friends were fit AF too. Carrie needs to teach a glass on getting good dick.

Archived