ATWT: Interesting Casting Tidbit

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too Roger, Anne Sayre is awesome!

btw, I know she is on "Rockland County" and the actors call in their performances. So do you ever get a chance to talk to her on a personal level? She seems like an amzing person.

• Members

Yeah. I mean, we saw her monitors go crazy and Lily wailing, but it could have easily been a cover-up. The cameras didn't stay too long in the room, though.

I'm bringing Rose back after MB's maternity leave in my fan fic...if it lasts that long. I don't think hardly anyone's reading.

• Members

Oh no I hated Rose!

Rose was a nice change of pace at first. She was funny and it was a treat seeing Martha Byrne create a completely new character - the complete opposite of Lily.

Then she became a regular. Lily became (even more) boring in order for Rose to morph into a more believable heroine while retaining the contrast between the two sisters. Holden and Lily rarely got screentime and even Lucina seemed to shift her motherly feelings from her daughter to Rose. Rose became a parasite and I deeply resented her presence. She was like nails on chalkboard. The Dusty/Rose/Paul storyline was stomach-turning, and I had to quit watching until she was killed off. I don't ever want to see Rose back on WT.

• Members

Hey Rick. Anne is a friend of mine, which is how I got her to do RC. She's one of the most interesting and fun people that I've ever met. I'd love her to come back to ATWT, but they haven't contacted her so far. She will be at the ATWT Luncheon this year.

She was an Another World fan before when she was younger, which is why I cast Kale Browne to play her brother on RC.

• Members

I've always loved Anne. She looks like such an outgoing person and someone who's not afraid to say what she means. She's beautiful and talented. I loved every mniute she was on ATWT as Mitzi and I would be thrilled to see her on the canvas again.

• Members

I remember a TV Guide interview that MB gave right around the time of Rose's death, and she said that she didn't want Rose to ever come back. In fact, I remember her saying that Rose's death isn't one of James' evil plans...that she's really dead. Even if you watch her interview on CBS.com, it seems like she was tired of playing Rose because playing Lily took no effort because she knew the character so well. With Rose, though, she said that she had to get into the clothes, hair, makeup, and perfume before she could get into character.

Everyone has to admit that when Rose was in town, Lily was nonexistent. I remember for awhile we went months sometimes without seeing Lily. Like around the time Rose got kidnapped and sent to the evil spa, there was one scene with Lily and Luke right after Christmas-time talking about Rose not being there (because they initially thought that she ran away with her ex-boyfriend Vince), and I was like, "Whoa! We haven't seen Lily in ages!" I almost forgot that she was still in town! I don't blame MB for not wanting Rose back.

It might have been on this board, but someone suggested that since MB hinted that her pregnancy will be included, maybe they might do a flashback with Rose, and this new character will tell Lily that Rose had a baby and Lily will go searching for the baby; thus, MB will be able to go on maternity leave. I personally wanted Lily and Holden to have another child together, but I think it'd be interesting to see Rose's child...especially since the child could be a better reminder of Rose's importance in Oakdale. I don't see the child being a baby, though, for some reason (meaning that it'd be Paul's), but rather as a teen. That way it could be a friend for Luke since he seems to be removed from Gwen, Maddie, Will, and Casey...and he definitely needs a friend right now. Due to the SORASing, Luke is so much older than Faith and Natalie, so he really doesn't have a family member his own age to talk to. It'd be nice to see him confide in his cousin, and to be able to tell him or her things that he can't tell his parents or grandmothers.

Of course, in soap opera world Rose could come back. So who knows? Personally, I liked Rose and MB's portrayal of the character, so I wouldn't mind it if she came back and started causing havoc for Paul. :lol: Plus, I'd love to see Mitzi again, and maybe they could re-open Rose's hair salon!! :lol: But I think that on a show where the dead are suddenly undead, it would be best to keep Rose dead and buried and have MB concentrate on Lily full-time.

BTW, the MB interview on CBS.com is at http://www.cbs.com/daytime/atwt/. On the right where it says "ATWT video" scroll down to the video titled "Martha Byrne." I think you need RealPlayer to view it. I could try digging up the TV Guide interview too.

Archived