Soap storylines in WWE/WWF

ER Tosh

• Members

As many people were saying in the AMC/OLTL thread, WWE has had a lot of great Soap storylines in the past (Most of them being from around 1998 to 2001). I personally loved the short lived Kurt Angle/Stephanie/Triple H triangle. What was your favorites?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to be a HUGE, I mean HUGE fan of WWE/WWF. I cannot stomach what it has turned into these days :( I unfortunately stopped watching faithfully in 2007.

Even though I don't watch, I still collect the video games. I get them every year when they come out. LOL. I have every single one, going back to "WWF Smackdown!" for the Playstation blush.gifwub.gif

When I used to watch, and I'm being serious, I legit did not realize that any of it was fake. LOL. I didn't think of anything that was going on as "storylines"! I thought that stuff was real!

My all time FAVE S/L in the WWE was The Hardy Boys/Lita. Anything surrounding them I just loved. I loved Matt/Lita

fave scene ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jWEqWeW3v4

• Members

I was NEVER into wrestling ("rasslin"), but good lord, it was all the rage in the second, third, and fourth grade. My dad's co-worker's son was around my age and we were friends, and he had allllll of the video games, so I'd play those with him. He made me watch sometimes, and all I remember is someone pouring beer on Vince McMahon/Michael Muhney.

And of course I loved me some Rock...

I remember all of the big names, though. The Undertaker, Stone Cold, Gold Dust, Chyna, Tori, Kane (Undertaker's brother), The Big Show, Bret and Owen (RIP) Hart, Mr. Ass (who helped me along my gayboy journey, what with words emblazoned on his ass), Booker T., Rikishi, Yokozuna, Razor Ramon, Diesel, etc.

• Members

Got me on youTube in a nostalgic frenzy looking at old clips now!!

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi-vAkkJzn4

Pouring or spraying?? I remember Stone Cold spraying him & the corporation with beer from his beer truck. He might of had some poured on him at one point on the show to but i cant remember..

omg!! one of the best moments on WWF. Such good times.

• Members

LOVED WWF/E vs. WCW/ECW -- never forget that!

I also loved that crazy ass s/l when Undertaker took Steph and made plans to make her his bride and Vince was groveling for Austin's help to get her back and he just kept turning him down left and right.

• Members

I felt so bad fo Chyna when I read her book and she went into detail about that. I still think she never completely got over that. Her life is such a mess now and she ended up being with X-Pac (I forget his real name) irl and they were in a domestic abuse relationship.

• Members

Watching that again, I am reminded just how great Mean Gene was in playing the straight man to all these lunatics. He conducted every interview as if he was in the white house press corp.

I was looking for one storyline but I think it was probably too obscure. There used to be a tagteam called The British Bulldogs, and they had this canine mascot named Matilda. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan I think it was engineered to have Matilda kidnapped during a match. Without Matilda at ringside, the Bulldogs could not win a match threafter. Somehow a rescue was committed and Matilda was saved, but she (the bulldog) was so despondent about the whole ordeal she no longer wanted to live. Luckily, millions of letters poured in to Matilda, she read them, and all that love raised her spirits and she rallied. It was something like that.

• Members

I love how WWE incorporates the backstage drama into their storylines. Still to this day I don't know whether Matt storming the arena was kayfabe or real (I'm thinking kayfabe since he must've gotten into the arena somehow). Man, Lita was so hated after that.

Stephanie McMahon is awesome. She belongs in the great women of soaps thread :wub::wub:

The montreal screwjob is another moment that is just fantastic AND real!!!

The Trish/Vince/Linda stuff was great as well, wasn't Linda paralyzed in a wheelchair?

Archived