Shameless

• Members

I dont know I havent watched the series, but I found it when looking for images for the US show. As tempting as it is, I dont think I'll watch future seasons of the UK show as I dont want to be spoiled by what happens as alot of this stuff makes for some truly great moments in the US one

I do hope Mickey comes out of juvie (both literally and figuratively....LOL)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the seasons I've seen (4-6), Carl is more of a himbo. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but not harmful. The worst thing he's done was abandon a little girl he was watching with a young woman who ended up kidnapping her. At one point, he decides he's going to go into the service, but Frank tricks him out of it. Instead, Carl decides to work as a stripper.

Other than choosing a plot point from here or there, I don't see how the American show can follow the British show much longer. Fiona and Steve were written out at the end of season two in the UK and the show briefly focuses on Veronica's brother and mother alongside the Gallaghers before replacing them with the Maguires (the Milkovitchs in the American version). Also, the British version put a much stronger emphasis on the police force contigent. I thought the American version was going to do that when they hired Russell Hornsby to be Tony's partner, but the show decided to go in a different direction. The current UK series is much different from US version.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"Get your ass up you goddamn pony tailed Fabio motherf*cker!" LMAO! SO glad to have this show back. Pretty good season 3 premiere.

The Frank stuff in Mexico wasn't half bad. The show took some REALLY bold moves. They pretty much tackled every stereotype w/that one...LOL. I give them credit for going all out w/that and taking risks.

I found the Jimmy/Estafania stuff preposterous. We'll see how it goes but so far I'm not liking it. Jimmy is a total loser.

As an editor, I continue to cringe at some of the decisions made w/this shows sequences. The scene where Estefania's dad shot her man drove me nuts. On each cut, you could see the guy lifting up his arm to shoot the same way like it was on repeat or something...it was so distracting to me.

Also was it just me who noticed that when it cut to the guy getting shot in the forehead, the actor already had the bloody bullet wound on his forehead...before he was even shot?!

Kev and Veronica's new pay per view webcam show is fun. OMG, this show just has no boundaries. I love it.

Lip participating in rumble robot competitions now?? -___- Kinda lame...I see nothings changed w/him.

I also see that the Mandy character is as useless as ever.

Ian's still sleeping w/his older sugar daddy. Can't wait for Jimmy to find out Ian's been sleeping with his dad! LOL.

Not sure if I like Fiona breaking character to manage a night at the club but we'll see how it goes

• Members

tumblr_mglz7m8htK1r2fs6zo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mglvg9PG0u1qbytqwo1_500.jpg

ITS BACK!

tumblr_mglv3cJg4o1rlb6iho1_400.gif

Well f--k you guys too!

tumblr_mgm66cBF9K1qd7kzko1_250.gif

Kevin's new body...damn! Guy was fat last season and now he has abs. Besides what happened to his leg?

Ugh to Sheila still being with that freak. I wish we were done with him.

Debbie running through the house yelling for her daddy. Girl, he's a sperm downer, not your daddy! I cant beelvie she's so hung up on Frank bc she is so sensible and knows he is BS

Why does Steve's father law want the wife's bf dead? I cant remember. Chopping up the body was so bizarre and the girl was right there watching

Fiona's job? NASTY! I couldnt do that ish. She should be thankful she was let go

I cant stand Frank. He's such a PoS. He is in all these comedic hijinks and we are supposed to laugh at him but I dont find him amusing.

Not only is Ian still sleeping with Steve's dad, the old man is tutoring with his math homework....I cant! Kinda twisted, but if the cards were to line up perfectly for everyone, Ian could be Fiona's father in law

• Members

wub.png

Yeah dude got buff. He had to shapen up for the web cam scenes! LOL

It's looking like she's getting annoyed w/him and realizing how useless he is as a houseguest! I found him really funny in his earlier shows but he got old FAST. I still can't believe him & Sheila had sex...

I think because Estefania smuggled that guy into the states with her. I don't think the dad even really knew who that guy was, he just killed him because he could ruin the plans to keep Estefania in the US.

Agreed about Frank. His schtick is so played out It's not even funny...they do the same thing with him EVERY. TIME.

The Ian stuff is the juiciest part about the show for me, can't wait til Mickey gets back....lol

• Members

The latest ep was quite mindblowing. My mouth dropped more than once. First off, seriously WTF at Frank giving the baby Valium to make it stop crying. WOW! For a second did anyone else think the baby was dead?

"I don't remember Karen causing such a fuss as you Jaime, maybe it's from your Chinese side" laugh.png OMG @ the baby literally almost getting thrown into the trash. Unbelievable!

That bartender girl said it best. I don't think Frank has had a lower moment than he had in this episode. I couldn't believe he called CPS on the kids. [!@#$%].

I really, really hope that Mickey ends up giving Ian "the look" at some point. Good story so far. LOL @ Ian f'ing w/that Asian guy at school. "Pound me like an Iraqi soldier" laugh.png

My heart broke so much for Debbie when Frank broke her log cabin project. That was a powerful scene. This show really knows how to execute moments like that. Breathtaking.

Words can't describe how much I can't stand what the show has done to the Mandy character. She's disgusting and the Actress SUCKS, bad.

That was a devastating moment with Fiona having to give all the money she racked up away.

Kev has a wife? rolleyes.gif Not really a fan of that twist. I really could've done without another obstacle like that thrown at him & Veronica.

Steve/Jimmy's story is such a fail. I would've preferred they explore his relationship with his parents more and have that lead up to him finding out his dad's been f'ing with Ian!

• Members

In is turning into quite the little slut. I couldnt beleive he was having sex with a fellow army guy right there in public! He has no shame. So he's sleeping with him, Jimmy's father and the recently returned Micky. I hope he's wearing a condom

Wow didnt expect to see Debbie go off on Frank especially considering she was his biggest supporter

Kevin has a wife? Wow

• Members

Cheryl to Kev: "You could've had this and you want that? She's some kind of nympho, has three drawers full of dildos"

Veronica: "What you doin going through my sh!t, bitch?"

Debbie: "What's a dildo?"

LOL. That was an EPIC scene! V BEAT Cheryl's ass and got her to sign those divorce papers laugh.png LOVED it!

^^Juliajms, wow thanks for that heads up. I forgot about that but vaguely remember it now.

So wait a minute. I hope this isn't the end of Ian's relationship w/Jimmy's dad because we still need to see the fallout of Jimmy finding out. I kind of didn't like how Ian left him in the cold like that. And I'm still a bit confused, is Mickey really into Ian or not? Loved that he spied on Ian's date. When they ran into the alley I was really expecting a scene where Mickey lets Ian know he wants him or something like that.

Thought it was really interesting when Lip expressed his feelings on Kash/Ian. Good scene.

I LOL'd forever at the Lip/Pedophile teacher stuff. That was raunchy as hell. Ugh at Mandy having to ruin all of it by the end of the episode.

Wow. I was really disgusted by the child abuse in this episode w/Frank & the baby. And how disturbing is this plot of him making Carl think he has cancer? OMG!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH