Shameless

• Members

I've only seen the first episode of season 2 so far...Showtime had it up on their site for free. I truly hope I will be able to see all the episodes online/via torrents somehow since I no longer have the channel.

God I love this show. So good! I missed the winter feel/setting the show had last season, but it makes sense that it's Summer now & the show is still gorgeous to look at.

Sheila doesn't seem as fun now that she's gotten over her agoraphobia, but Joan Cusack is still AMAZING in the role. Love her.

At first I was wondering who the heck was that girl with Lip & Ian towards the beginning of the show? Then I realized it was Mandy & they recasted the role. I miss Jane Levy, makes sense she was recasted though since she's over on Suburgatory now. I guess the new girl is ok. I hope Mickey is back this season as well (with the same actor) tongue.png

LOL at the Gallagher home turning into a daycare for children, where the little Gallagher kids are the ones watching the children over the Summer and Fiona goes upstairs and sleeps laugh.png That is so crazy but I love it. Their daily hustle routine is madness.

Not sure if I like Fiona's new guy. Anyone else still have hope for her and Tony (the cop)?

The weed stuff was hilarious. I thought it was a pretty lame/cliche plot to have Frank owe someone money again, I'm glad that was wrapped up all in the same episode. I LOVE that the Gallaghers gave up all the money they earned in the last day to get Liam back. They're hustlers and are willing to do anything to make a buck but they're willing to give it all up to save a family member. I freaking love that.

Frank is a goddamn fool and after that disastrous situation with Liam I just cannot stand him anymore!

The Ian/Kash stuff wasn't interesting enough for me. I'll be interested in seeing how things go for Ian this season...hopefully his story gets juicier & there's more attention payed to it. I agree with dc that the scenes with Lip/Ian in the bathroom were really good.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

See, Frank / Karen highlights some of the issues I have with the show. I didn't like how it was played for laughs. The situation was sensitive enough without treating it like a joke. On the otherhand, I felt the show dealt with Ian's paternity in a much better manner. Lip's dry humor worked by congratulating Ian on not being Frank's son despite the fact it's a life shattering moment.

After arresting Ian / Lip last year, I've pretty much written off Tony, but I wouldn't mind revisiting Tony / Fi only to make the revelation of Tony's sins to have more meat to it.

Frank's stories have been pretty lame. In the original, usually a single character takes the focus of an episode. For example, one week will have Lip narrating, the next Carl, and so on. I wonder if the powers that be feel that have to keep Frank at the center because of Macy's 'star power.' I hope this isn't the case because I think the ensemble is strong and the show would benefit from featuring some of the other actors in more prominent stories.

The Ian / Kash scene seemed plot driven. I wonder if we will even see Kash again or just have Linda announce Kash is gone. I'm disappointed in the way the show is handling some of the satellite characters (Kash / Linda , the Milkovitchs, Kev / Veronica) considering the importance these characters play in the success of the original. As much as I enjoyed Rossum and Chatwin, Steve / Fi left after two seasons and the show just premiered its ninth season last week. It wasn't so much the Gallaghers that made 'Shameless' UK a success, but rather their interactions with others.

To be fair, Kash's role in the American series is limited. Mickey negates Kash's importance in terms of the present vision of 'Shameless' US because Kash is seen mainly as Ian's scorn lover. Last week, I was wondering how they would keep Ian from heading to West Point, and this week I've begun to suspect Mickey will eventually ruin Ian's chances one way or another in order to keep him around. If this is the case, this will be the obstacle for Mickey / Ian leaving Kash high and dry. I do hope they revisit Kash and give Linda something to do.

I thought the second episode was better than the first, but I thought the Aunt Ginger episode was one of the best episodes last season (up there with V/Kev's wedding, Monica's two episode return, and the purity ball). Revisiting the nursing home was great. I love how I hated the older woman who refused to do anything and was completely in love with her by the end of the episode. Harry's death at the end was a reminder how cruel life can be. Poor Debbie. I do like how they implied Debbie has been seeing Ginger since she was returned. I thought that was wonderful.

I was glad Frank didn't end up sleeping with the woman and killing her. Her story was pretty depressing.

The Mickey / Ian baseball diamond looked good. Some of the shots of the lights on the field and of the alley were so beautiful. I've never really notice how visual this show is. The only thing I remember standing out last season was the shot of Carl destroying the bottle of orange soda while Karen / Lip screwed in the back of the van.

Carl's dilemma was interesting. Better than the parent / teacher conference stuff last season. I think the actor playing Carl has grown a bit in the role.

Mickey's return was well done. Bringing him into the Kash n Grab was an interesting twist. I'm trying to adjust to the new actress playing Mandy, but it is hard. She seems so much more mature than Jane Levy. I don't think this girl is going to care when she learns her best friend has been bedding her brother. Then again, the show hasn't really shown much interest in Mandy yet, which is a shame.

I'm happy Karen seems to have found some peace, and the Jody relationship is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about Lip / Karen, but I'm curious to see where this all goes.

It was nice to see Jonah is still with Kev / V. I was afraid they had forgotten about him.

I still hate Jasmine. Fi and Frank's stories have been incredibly weak in these first two episodes. I had trouble with Fi contemplating the idea of being a kept woman when she gave Steve so much grief about the little things. I love how Fi and V work in such an upscale club, while living in such drab surroundings. The set is gorgeous, but I find it a bit out of place.

• Members

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah I didn't like the Kash/Ian stuff at all and I have a feeling we won't see Kash again (a shame). I disagree about Kev & Veronica though. I haven't seen the original show so maybe that's why. I like the way they're being handled, especially Veronica. And Kevin just cracks me up.

I agree about Mickey's return, LOVED it. One thing I did not like about last season was how dismissive Mickey was against Ian after they did something together. Nowadays they seem to have a more genuine relationship & not just a sexual one. It was a great idea having Mickey work at the Kash n Grab store now, I'm looking forward to more.

I keep forgetting that Mandy STILL doesn't know that Ian is sleeping with her BROTHER. I remember I was looking forward to that moment, I still am, but I agree i'm not sure with this new Actress in the role now...we'll see.

I'm really loving the stories for Carl & Debbie. Very well done. Them wanting privacy is so realistic. Loved the Carl/Fiona scenes.

At this point I think Lip just needs to move on from Karen.

• Members

Me too. That was awesome and it made me love Debbie all the more. I also really appreciated V. She's tough on the outside but she has a big hreat. Love that Kev and V have Ethel's baby too.

I actually like new Mandy, although I miss original Mandy too.

Had to laugh that I declared the show "not that dark, imo" and this episode was pretty damn dark on many levels. Frank going off on Carl freaked me out. He seemed down right menacing somehow.

• Members

I knew Frank was going to sleep with Dottie eventually; I had come to terms with that. What I didn’t expect was for him to deny her the chance to live? He is vile. This wasn’t edgy or shocking, but tasteless. The show walked the line well the week before. It was clear Frank had ulterior motives, but Dottie knew everything he was doing. The shock and awe effect is wearing thin already. The insistence to keep Frank and Fi at the center of the story week after week is going to prove to be disastrous.

Fi’s not garnering much sympathy from me. She claimed last season she couldn’t leave the kids, but this season she has spent more time trying to get laid than playing mother hen. It puts a different spin on Fi’s decision to turn down Steve. It was nice to see him briefly.

• Members

That was where he really killed her in my mind. Once he did that she was the walking dead. I really did not think they would take things to that level.

Yeah, but she does spend a lot of time working hard to make money for the family. I think just having her in the house is good for Debbie, Carl and Liam. She's their only stable adult, even if she doesn't spend every minute with them. I can't judge her too much for that, since she's not actually their mother.

• Members

Omg. Frank not telling Dottie about that heart was one of the most disgusting things I've seen on TV! That was a NEW LOW for him, and that is saying a LOT! Unbelievable.

I really admired Fiona going back and earning all the money she stole from that lady's bag. I knew she would turn out to be a bitch, LMAO at the argument they had in the street.

I was disappointed Fiona slept with Craig too, it was disheartening and gross seeing them pork in that car! Ugh! I still feel bad for her though. I wasn't excited at all when I saw Steve...

• Members

Yeah, now that was something incredibly dark going down where it didn't feel like a farce. I guess there is a quote from one of the producers saying they thought it was funny, but I did not and I didn't feel like the show played it for a laugh, even if I was meant to see it that way.

• Members

I'll have to re-watch because I missed it and I guess I was so horrified that I missed the music direction as well. Good Lord, I actually found what Frank did very depressing and soul sucking. I really thought Dottie was going to get a second chance somehow and Frank would get screwed over. Then in the end it was all for nothing because he didn't get her money, Thank God! If only Debbie had snagged Frank's wad of cash from the bar. He did not deserve to profit from his heartless crime.

hell yes, you should check it out. The link I posted has ever episode if you need them.