The Rihanna Thread

Soapsuds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL..I came in here expecting her to be shading someone but they turned the tables on her. I will have to say nothing beats Rihanna's shade. People that try to slam her on Twitter or IG are in for a rude awakening bc she will get them and she does it so well

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

You know how I said I can't listen to Rihanna's version of "Diamonds" without thinking of Sia's? Well, Sia's version is great, but I have become absolutely obsessed with Riri's version recently (I've never listened to much Rihanna until fairly recently, lol). It is, without question, my favorite song of hers.

Also, when you hear both versions back to back, you can really hear how Rihanna is trying to sing like Sia (that's a compliment!).

• Members

I heard the short version of Birthday Cake that she did, and I enjoyed it a lot, but then I read that she ultimately did a longer version of the song with Chris Brown and now I feel guilty about liking it at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Tamar's absolutely spot on, regardless of her intentions. The industry's racism results in their being lazy enough to categorize Rihanna in an R&B category when nothing she's done has come close to being that--at her expense (after all, they'll drag their heels against acknowledging her as the pop superstar that she is while propping up white acts that haven't had a tenth of her success) and at the expense of true R&B artists (who don't get a fighting chance because they aren't mainstream enough for them to celebrate enough).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Today (August 30) marks the 10th anniversary of the release of Rihanna's debut album Music of the Sun.

A look back at Rihanna's biggest Billboard Hot 100 hits:

#1s

SOS (2006)

Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) (2007)

Take a Bow (2008)

Disturbia (2008)

Live Your Life (w/ T.I.) (2008)

Rude Boy (2010)

Love the Way You Lie (w/ Eminem) (2010)

Only Girl (in the World) (2010)

What's My Name (feat. Drake) (2010)

S&M (2011)

We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) (2011)

Diamonds (2012)

The Monster (w/ Eminem) (2013)

Top 5s

Pon de Replay (2005, #2)

Don't Stop the Music (2007, #3)

Run this Town (w/ Jay-Z and Kanye West) (2009, #2)

Where Have You Been (2012, #5)

Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko) (2013, #3)

FourFiveSeconds (w/ Kanye West and Paul McCartney) (2015, #4)

Top 10s

Unfaithful (2006, #6)

Break it Off (feat. Sean Paul) (2006, #9)

Hate that I Love You (feat. Ne-Yo) (2007, #7)

Russian Roulette (2009, #9)

Hard (feat. Jeezy) (2009, #8)

Cheers (Drink to that) (2011, #7)

Take Care (w/ Drake) (2012, #7)

With 13 #1s, Rihanna is 2nd among all female solo artists (1st is Mariah Carey with 18 #1s) and is tied for 4th place with Michael Jackson among all artists overall (The Beatles are 1st with 20 #1s, then Elvis Presley and Mariah Carey are tied for 2nd with 18 #1s each).

Archived