Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

Honestly I really don't see Shawn going over to Smackdown. Cussing isn't really that big of a thing because even if you don't hear it on Smackdown they do use cursing every now and then. But the thing is if he went there most likely they'd give him a storyline that makes no sense. Then Shawn would get upset and do things he regrets and then apologize afterwards, but those who love to constantly drag Shawn down will say he's mr egotistical going off on his high horse again.

Speaking of egotistical The Rock, that guy is a pure ass. Before he became real famous in the WWE I was at the Royal Rumble and we were at the hotel lobby getting ready to head over for the PPV. He's standing in the lobby with his little black rolling suitcase and I'm there and I see a few of the other guys like the Godwinns and I go and get their autographs, or if I'm remembering right it was the Godwinns maybe it was someone else, anyhow I go back to sit down and he's still standing their looking at me like aren't you going to come over to me and get my autograph. He was all getting ready for me to come over and I just sat down and said to my mom "God does he really think I'm going to go over to him especially when he's basically just eyeing me to come over, for pete sakes I don't think he's all that great." I still remember that moment years later. There has never been another wrestler I've ever seen do that.

Rock he can sure talk, but when it comes to doing the business in the ring he's not all that great, and like several others he goes strictly by routine , and ever thing happens in the same order all the time nothing really changes.

Vince has gone back to the idea that if they got the look they will sell, like he did back in the Hogan days, but that's not cutting it either. I think people right now are just tired of wrestling, much like a lot of people are getting tired of soaps, there really isn't anything new going on and everything seems stale. They just need some new big idea to start a spark and maybe more people would watch but that probably won't happen for quite sometime.

But back to Shaw Michaels book I remember the part where he was talking about people hanging out with certain people and it helped your career. It sort of reminds of how some people in the soap opera business work.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Raw was great last night.

Edge is FIRE right now. I wanted a Rated R shirt. Matt Hardy must be sitting on a ledge somewhere. He's out there, but I feel bad for him. He's jobbing and Edge has just skyrocketed.

Hunter has been in the background for the past two weeks. He needs to come back full force. Although I am sure I will regret that wish when it's actually realized.

I like Angle as a face.

• Members

Edge's shirt kicks ass. I ordered it about two weeks ago. Yeah, RAW was really good last night. Edge is so much better at champion that Cena will probably ever be. His match last night with Ric Flair was better than all of Cena's championship matches over the past year.

• Members

I want Paul Heyman back as head writer of Smackdown. The show overall was better while he was writing it but because he didn't play the political game backstage or kiss Stephanie's ass he writing for their development show at OVW.

Hedenreich was released today.

• Members

I have never seen a wrestler destroyed like that. It was brutal. But, if that's how people feel, how does he think he will win a lawsuit? I had to laugh at some of the things they said, especially Bobby Hennan.

Plus.......how in the hell can you take a guy seriously who has had his named changed legally to Warrior Warrior?! :rolleyes:

• Members

Ultimate Warrior is such a damn disgrace. The man is a bigoted fool who is happy that Bobby Heenan has cancer.

I have the DVD. My friend is borrowing it, but no one liked the guy.

Besides, the WWE offered him a chance to have his rebuttal.

• Members

I'm glad that Cena lost the title. I've never liked him. I like Triple H, Edge, Kurt Angle, and HBK. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to watch RAW. When I'm at school, it's almost impossible to watch it because of homework. One of my friends downloads it on her computer, and we watch it on Friday nights.

I've never seen TNA. My sister and I used to watch ECW every Friday night, and that stuff was intense. I was upset when WWE bought them out because I always thought that ECW was entertaining and they didn't pose as huge of a threat to the WWE as WCW did.

I never bother with SD. I used to watch it all the time, but when they split up the roster I stopped. There's no comparison...RAW is #1, SD is just crap. I think it's because it's on UPN, on Fridays, and it's taped. Unless one of my faves went to SD, I'll never watch it.

• Members

The WWE has announced that Edge and a partner of his choice will face John Cena and a partner of his choice on tomorrow's show RAW (the 1/23 edition).

Also announced is:

Kane vs. Carlito

Trish Stratus and Ashley vs. Candice and Victoria

Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin

--

Shelton v. Shawn is going to be great. I am loving Shelton's Momma. She gives Shelton some personality.

I think Edge is going to choose Triple H as his partner and Cena will choose the Big Show. If they do, this'll be the first time that Triple H and Edge have teamed up (in a regular non-6 or 8-man tag match) since 1999 when Edge & Christian were kicked out of the Corporate Ministry.

• Members

I wish Stephanie and Shane would come back on tv fulltime. They were always two of my favorites, especially Stephanie. But with her pregnancy, it's unlikely she'll be used on television considering she is 'single'. Her and Triple H were great together. The McMahon-Helmsley Era was one of my all-time favorite angles (I started watching around the end of Summer 1999.)

• Members

What's up w/ Lita's voice? Is she sick or is something of substance simply stuck there?

That was a good opening.

Everyone should check out Eddie's book. Here are some highlights. I previously posted it on my board:

I was @ Borders yesterday buying Eddie's book and started reading the Hardy Boyz book right then and there. It's not even a real "book" in my opinion. It's just Matt makes a comment and then Jeff. ANyway....

Their mom died of brain cancer when they were young

When Matt and Lita first hooked up, she had a boyfriend and he knew it but they still got it on. She told him she didn't do stuff like that. Right....

Vince Russo didn't want Lita coming to the WWE because he just wanted TnA and hated her tatoo. When she did come, it got back that they were dating, but Matt was resistant to letting Lita be a part of the group.

Kane is a super nice gy according to Matt. The Hardyz were suppossed to fly in coach but Kane was waiting for DLO brown at the terminal. So he let the Hardyz take the first class seats. Afterwards, they went to wrestling court. Taker was the judge and Bradshaw the prosecuter.

Matt likes Shawn Michaels.

In Eddie's book...

He thinks Kevin Nash is EVIL and can't wrestle worth a [!@#$%^&*]. In WCW, it was all about the NWO and everyone else could kick rocks. He says Goldberg started to change once Kevin nash got into his head.

He said Austin, HHH, Hogan, and The Rock, Taker are the top guys cuz they work hard. Says the Rock is pretty much a class act.

Bischoff accidentally threw hot coffee on him when he tried to quit WCW.

On his first day, he saw Vader getting his ass kicked by Paul Orndoff.

Taker was like a big brother to him.

People thought he was really seeing Chyna in RL. He said she was nice at first but then personal problems in her life started and she changed. he didn't want to get in the middle.

Stephanie, HHH, Vince, Chris and Dean Malenko helped him get off drugs.

Archived