Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

At New Years Revolution Edge defeated Jonh Cena for the Raw wwe Title---- Im so glad i [!@#$%^&*] hate cena

And on smackdwon on Friday Batista Relinquesed his title and a battle royal was held to determine the new champ and Raws Kurt Angle won .---Its cool to have 2 new Champs

I have a feeling they might keep angle on raw with the world title and send edge to S.D

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm curious as to whether Kurt Angle will work as a face or heel on Smackdown. He worked more of the first on last night's show.

btw, Juventud of the "Mexicools" was fired and the stories about his behavior which led to his being let go are funny as hell.

• Members

John Cena needs to be send back down to the training facilities down in OVW. Not only has his character grown stale, but he has yet to improve his in-ring abilities. He's only added one move to his arsenal since WrestleMania. That doesn't cut it. Not only do I blame him, but I blame the writers. The employees should be able to come up with their own promos, not have them written for them. That takes the creative spark out of the character. Can you imagine if this "crack-shot" team of writers wrote Stone Cold Steve Austin's promos back in the late 90's? He would have sucked. God they are so out of touch with the audience. I'm glad Edge defeated Cena for the title.

As far as SD goes, they are just having a super string of badluck. The best thing for the WWE to do would be to send HBK (or convince Jericho to return) to SmackDown. They need a talent boost and them bringing up guys from OVW won't cut it.

• Members

I think it's Vince McMahon & the WWE's style that causes the wretlers to become stale both in promos and in the ring. I'm pretty sure John Cena did way more moves in OVW than a 5 Knuckle Shuffle ie. last night Randy Orton wrestling an old school mat style match with Chris Benoit. He doesn't get a chance to show that he has that kind of offense or submissions usually. Since WCW has folded and they brought in Rey Mysterio they have forced him to cut out what seems like 70% of his offense. The writers aren't letting the wrestlers do their thing and when they come out it looks forced.

• Members

I checked out TNA and I liked what I saw. I'm surprised Jackie could cut a promo.

I saw familiar faces but it was only an hour show. I'm going to start watchng it. Vince could take a cue and let the talent just flow. They have these moves I've never seen done before.

• Members

TNA's product has increased since their first show on Spike TV. Before it was all fast matches, one long promo at the end. Fans complained that the X-Division matches looked like spot-fests. Now, they are having longer matches and are able to tell a story in the ring, as well as develop the characters. I try to watch TNA Impact everyweek because it's a damn good alternative to the WWE.

So many guys who weren't given the chance to shine in the WWE are shining in TNA. Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim, Christian has his fire back now, Team 3D looks like they are enjoying their jobs. As long as TNA continues to listen to its fans, they will be around for a long time.

• Members

You might want to give it a chance. I was strictly a WWF guy when WCW was around, but I tuned into that just to see what was going on and I liked what I saw (around the spring/summer of 2000) but I tuned out again. TNA is really good. The characters are different because it puts the focus on the in-ring ability and charisma of a wrestler instead of creating these BS characters like "The Boogeyman" and "Mordecai" and the chick w/ the thing on her face.

While there is still room for improvement (such as timing the titan trons with the music and better announcing from Don West), it's overall a good show. TNA was able to do more in Velocity's old time slot than the WWE has done in years. They are averaging almost 1 million viewers a week and their ratings have gone up each week and they continue to put on stellar shows. Their PPV's are unbelieveable. The guys in the X-Division do such a good job at entertaining the fans and giving them a good show. If the WWE would showcase their Cruiserweights they could have the same thing, but they don't.

I hope they get a 2 hour timeslot soon. With the recent addition of Sting, Christian, The Dudley Boyz, Rhino and so on, they will be on top very soon. The fact that the WWE has been trying to sign Sting for years, but he chose TNA shows that they are worth something. Christian left his sometimes 7 figure WWE salary to go down to TNA. He wasn't fired, he chose to leave.

• Members

Shawn Michaels will never go to Smackdown, I'm pretty sure of that. I mean if they couldn't get Triple He to go and stay over there, very unlikely Shawn would. Smackdown keeps claiming they are the number one brand and I've looked and I don't see how that claim can be true.

Sting would never go to WWE unless they totally toned down the language and all of the storylines they have. That's why he chose to go to TNA. Sting is like uber Christian. Not saying Shawn isn't but I think he doesn't take it to the extreme like Sting does. Anyhow TNA just never sparks my interests I've tried watching the shows but they just dont' intrigue me, even though I enjoy Christian I just don't really like TNA.

Personally I think the should go back to old schooling it where they don't come up with what they are going to do in the matches till they are in the ring. Make it more interesting.

• Members

i actually think smackdown is the better place for shawn michaels becasue he is a religious man. smackdown is on upn and on that channel they cannot curse as to usa where they can pretty much do anything. shawn needs to be on the show where they dont do as much cursing. On smackdown, he can be himself and not seem like a weenie.

• Members

Smackdown is overall corny. But if Shawn went which I hope he doesn't, I would start to be excited about it again.

SD needs some life injected into it badly. It's so second rate.

Raw is RAW. LOL I can't believe they took the Lita/Edge segment that far.

As for TNA, at first I wasn't feeling because I didn't know who any of the people were, but I gave it a second chance last night. I saw Christian and he is in his element. He is going to carry the company and get a deserved push.

WWE knows how to market stars of tomorrow but they can get stagnant. I'd also advice WWE and Vince to start listening to the fans. Some of their angles are wack. Bring back JR and let Heyman take over SD.

I'm still a WWE fanatic 4 life, but I like the alternative. WWE was [!@#$%^&*] in 2001 during the cooperation when WCW went dead. Vince just put any crap on. Competition shold make it more interesting. Unless of course Vince buys TNA outright like he did ECW.

Also, Sting is ultra religious. He wouldn't sign w/ WWE for that reason.

• Members

Exactly. SmackDown would be a great show to be on because he could carry the show (like Batista has done this past year) and be front and center. Not only would it be better for him professionally, but personally as well. Like Jay said, UPN has cracked down on what the WWE can and cannot say since their segment over the summer with Muhammed Hassan and the whole "martyr" thing. They can't say any three or 5 letter curse words anymore. It gets bleeped out.

The WWE needs an injection of talent behind the scenes. These current writers aren't cutting it. And it doesn't do them any good when guys like The Rock can come in once or twice a year, wrestle, then leave. That creates tension.

RAW is so the obvious favorite.

• Members

The Rock is my new favorite word---worthless. I've never been a huge fan. His promos were ok, but longwinded.

Shawn Michaels talked in his books about gyus coming in for a quick pay. That's how Bret got screwed the first time at Mania 9 when Hogan beat Yoko. Hogan refused to wrestle Bret since he thought himself to be superior.

Vince thinks superstars will draw attention to the brand and it will be better off in the long run. Oh well.

I'm trying to get involved in a WWE angle once my book gets published. I want Stephanie to slap me and then I can spear her and do a round house kick! Or I can turn heel on my hubby HBK. Just put me on TV and plug my book. I should write Vince's auto.

If I go to TNA, getting put throgh a table would be the ultimate.

Archived